From the outside in

Meeting people......fun.......wet....cheese.....love......making it.......ahahahahha. I wonder what you think of when someone says this to you? Anywhat........read with your eyelids open!

FROM THE

OUTSIDE IN

I walked to his house after school on Friday. He walked with me. “So, what's going on now?” I asked not knowing what else to say. We weren't close like that. “Well, these people are powerful so we can't fight them alone. I called some family,” I almost choked on air when he said that.

    Meet his family? Was I ready for that? But it was just business, right? Or was it more? All these thoughts were rushing through my head. I don't even know why I cared. “Is that okay?” I didn't realize he was talking. “Oh! Umm….yeah. Doesn't bother me,” I lied. Even though it did. “Good, because…” we walked up to the door and he opened it. There they were.

    All his family standing before me looking at me with warm faces. I started to freak out. He meant now?! I didn't know what to say so I just smiled and waved. “Hi. I'm Monica Weather,” I said a little uncomfortable. I already met his mom and brother. But standing before me was his two twin sisters, Angel and Christina, his uncle, his aunt, who look very worried, his dad, who seemed rather unfriendly, and his three cousins. I think their triplets.

    “Hey everybody this is Mo…” I held up my hand to stop him. He did. “Sorry but I don't know you that well. You call me Monica only. They can call me Mo, though,” I smiled. He rolled his eyes and continued. “Okay. Everybody this is Monica. Monica this is Angel, Christina, my two…” “…twin sisters, I know,” he looks at me curiously, thinking ‘how does she know that?’ “Rrriiight. Anyway, so this is Angel and Christina, my aunt Briella and my Uncle Bryson, my dad Bruce, my brother Black, my sister Beam, and my three triplet cousins Beau, Belle, and Blaze,” They were all waving except his dad who looked quite cold inside. I paid my attention to the cousins.

   Two are girls and ones a boy. They look about nine. I get on my knees and start to talk. “Hey guys. What's up?” They look at me with enthusiasm. “We're going to go fight the bad guys!” the boy said and they all pumped their fists in the air and yelled yeah in agreement. I couldn't believe my ears.

    I got up and took Jaylen by the sleeve and dragged him into the other room. “What?” I just looked at him with a deadly stare. “What is wrong with you!? Are you really going to make those poor kids fight who knows how many werewolf's?” I asked him furiously.

    He looked at me for a few seconds then started laughing uncontrollably. I just stared at him with a half curious half angry face wondering what would happen if I punched him right now. He finally stopped laughing and spoke, “Their a lot more powerful than you think. Trust me on this,” he gave me a reassuring smile. I took it though what he was saying was crazy. We walked out of the hallway and into the main room where everyone was. There was a ring on the doorbell and I ran to the door not knowing why. I grabbed the handle but then stopped.

    I closed my eyes feeling something. Then it hit me like a truck on the highway. All I saw was darkness. But then I saw a figure. It was Bryce. He was on the other side of the door, I could feel it. He spoke to me. “Hey Mo. I didn't know you were a halibrid. I know, I know, what's that?” he said in a mocking voice. I ignored his comment.

   “Well let me tell you, it's a thing where you can communicate with anyone else who's also a halibrid. You just have to concentrate really hard,” he said to me sounding knowledgeable with an echo coming from his voice. It didn't work on me, though. That's right. I know about the D in math he got. He then smiled.

   “The only consequence is that you can sometimes get ahead of yourself, as in do things you'll regret, and the person you contact will have access to all your thoughts,” I was a little shocked at his information, trying not to let it show, only caring about the seeing their thoughts thing. “I can see the shock in your eyes,” the figure got closer and then I noticed I was surrounded by blackness too.

   I turned around seeing nothing. He walked up to me. “I know how you feel about me. I know that you love me and don't deny it,” he came closer until he was inches away from my face. “That's a lie. That's a lie!” I yelled at him angry. “Admit you love me! Admit it! You can't stand me because you love me,” he was mad now.

  We were both yelling now at each other. Then I shoved him and he fell down. He looked at the ground, breathing heavily. He looked at me with giant black eyes as dark as the night. I backed away slowly, not wanting him to attack. Then he leaned over on his hands and knees and his body got big and hairy. I backed away more. He turned into a giant, hairy wolf. He turned toward me snarling. He yelled at me. “YOU DO LOVE ME!!!!” he screamed. Then I lost it. “NO…I…DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I tackled him but when I looked at him, I saw Jaylen.

   Then immediately, I saw Bryce in the background screaming in pain. Then, as if on que, a pack of wolfs tackled him and started ripping him apart. “NOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

  I screamed, then looked down and saw Jaylen disappeared. Then I got up and was tackled back down by my father. “Dad?” I said in a soft voice. He had a look of horror on his face, then disappeared. I was all alone in the bliss of darkness. It's dark shadow suffocating me slowly putting my common sense to sleep. Driving me totally insane. I screamed at the top of my lungs with my eyes closed. When I opened them I was back in Jaylen's house.

   They were all staring at me on the floor crying my eyes out. “What happened? Are you okay?” Jaylen asked noticing my shock and realizing I was awake. He was about to ask again, but then his face softens with wide eyes. You're a halibrid,” he whispers.

   Then I get mad. I stand up and open the door, seeing Bryce crawling on the floor obviously having the same side effects. I kicked him where it hurts, and I mean where it hurts, and he squeals in pain. “What is the matter with you?!” I yell at him. Then run away into the woods, alone.

 Man, Bryce, and jaylen, and her dad, and......wow...just wow.