Stress Reliever

Surprises......lots of them. jk they're aren't but this chapter has a little "The fault in our stars" feeling to it. ;)

STRESS RELEIVER

  I wake up the next morning with a headache. I find myself sleeping on a stump. I wake up on full alert now checking my surroundings.

   I see nothing but dirt and trees. I shot up wondering what happened when it hit me. I was so pissed at Bryce. What a jerk. I stood up and started walking toward nowhere. I touch my face feeling sweat or tears. I can't decide.

     I'm still walking when I saw a figure sitting on a stump. I walked toward it not knowing why I was walking toward a complete stranger. When I came into view of the person, I noticed it was Jaylen. When he saw me he was shocked. I knew what he was thinking. They had been up all night looking for me. I could tell by the dirtiness of his clothes.

   I gave him an “I'm so sorry I ran off” look. He nodded his head then turned back to the nothingness he was staring at. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. Or, I tried.

    I missed the rock by a few centimeters and landed on my butt. My cheeks turned red and he turned around just to laugh at me.

    I took some leaves and threw them at him and he instantly stopped and gave me a cold stare. I stared at him back then without me noticing, he picked up some leaves and through them at me. It went all downhill from there. We started having a massive leaf war.

   Which I thought was kind of a stress reliever to what's been happening lately. I was about to throw when I stepped back and tripped on a pile of leaves. I fell to the ground and was shaded by Jaylen toppling onto my body. He had knocked all the air out of me with his tremendous body weight. “Get…off…of…me!” I said to him struggling at the words. “Say you're sorry,” he said to me with a creepy smile. “No…way!”

    I spat out on him. He hovered over me then slammed back down. I closed my eyes to block the pain. “Fine!! I'm sorry,” I said rolling my eyes. He gave me a sly smirk then rolled off me. We both layed down next to each other laughing out loud. I suddenly stopped laughing leaving him staring my way wondering what's wrong.

    I sat up tears running down my face. He sat up next to me. “What's wrong?” he said to me with concern.

    “My dad's gone, and I don't know what to do about it,” I told him. “Yes you do. All we have to do is stick to the plan,” “NO!” I yelled at him angry. I stood up and walked in little circles. “Have you ever thought that the plan of letting them come to us and ambushing them.

   That could totally blow up in our faces! Then my dad's dead, you're dead, and everyone else in your whole freaking family is dead!” I yell at him with a lot more anger than I meant to.

    He looked hurt. I put my head down in shame. But he grabbed my chin and lifted my head. He was so charming, always knowing what to do. That's what I said to Bryce.

    They're both so amazingly nice. Except for the fact that he toyed with my mind. He totally manipulated me and my abilities as a halibrid. I was miserable, and I know it was his fault. I mean who else could have done it? He said that they were just side effects. Lies! Well…. I think they were lies. Maybe not? I don't know what to think anymore. I'm too scared. But the comfort of Jaylen helps so much. I snuggle into him while he makes his way to the rock. I sit on his lap in an awkward but sweet way. He puts his arms around me and I don't hesitate to put my head in his shirt. He can hear me cry but it doesn't faze me. I cry my eyes out until I'm done. He cuddles me and cradles my head until I doze off.