31

6/9/2018

*A/N*

Ahhhhhh(sighs reminiscently)... I remember a year ago when it was my birthday, and I had just reached 1k reads on my story. I was ecstatic! I never thought that it was going to reach to that height but it did and it has also exceeded! Now this story is at 40k  and.... I don't know what to say( starts to choke up). Actually... yes I  do.

First of all, I want to thank all of you for taking the time to read my story. When I began Wattpad, I had only dreamed of getting so many people, like you, to read and enjoy it. Now I'm here and I'm surpassing the limits I could have only dreamed of. It's really all possible because of you. When ever I see a new comment I get really excited because you guys give me so much positive feedback and support. WOW.... my royalty is honestly the best! Anyways,

WAIT!

I FORGOT TO SAY "WHATS UP IN THE CLUB!"

"WHAT'S UP IN DA CLUB!"

Ok, now the story can continue.

Ha! Bet you didn't see that coming! Wait.., you did? OH right... the title. ummmmmmmmmmmm..

***********************************************************************************************

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN RAPH IS DYING?!" You yell. Leo jets his eyes wide towards you.

"Taylor and I went back to Shredder's lair to spy on-"

from your peripheral vision, you spot an object fall to the ground. Everyone quickly turns their head toward Raph to see him passed out on the floor. Leo rushes over to pick him up and Donnie quickly ushers them to his lab.

Everyone quickly follows suit with a frenzy of worry.

Raph is set on a medical table and Donnie begins to administer tests on him.

You watch as Splinter gently places a hand on Raph's arm. He closes his eyes with a silent draw of the saddened air. The slope of his shoulders is sagged as he slowly bows his head. Raph's brothers simultaneously bow their heads, following Splinter.

You listen to Mikey's sniffles filling the heavy air. Taylor quietly walks behind Leo and softly rubs his arm.

Your throat feels compressed with a weight of one thousand pounds as you try to resist the tears. Your eyes shut close as you quietly hum to yourself to lessen the feeling of depression. After a moment of  sadness you come to realize that Raph hasn't died yet and you all can't lose faith. You pull in a batch of air that fill your lungs, as they felt compressed, and you clear your throat.

"Guys,  if you haven't realized, Raph isn't dead yet. So, how about Donnie gets to work and we make sure he stays with us, he has to." You advise, as a crooked smile slowly plasters on your face. As the words you spoke left your mouth they didn't settle in your heart, and you were finding it hard to convince yourself that everything was going to be alright. Despite your unbelief, you were able to convince the others that everything would be fine and everyone was getting back to work.

Mikey comes to you and gives you a love-filled hug.

"Thanks for saying that (Y/N). It actually made me feel a little better," He says before taking a look at Raph and leaving the room. After Mikey leaves, Taylor approaches you and genuinely smiles at you.

"Leo wants to talk to you- and (Y/N), everything will be alright." She reports before leaving the room as well. You spot Leo and start towards him. He watches as Donnie continues to work on Raph. He notices you as you come towards him and he sucks in his lips before taking in a breath.

" Hey uhh, thank you, (Y/N), for what you said," Leo acknowledges as he glances to the ground and back at you with an unsteady look on his face. "I'm sorry I couldn't comfort everyone when they needed assurance. As leader, I should be there for everyone when they need me, and I didn't do that. Sometimes I wonder what Sensai actually saw in me." Leo exclaims as he shakes his head at how ridiculous he is. "I couldn't save Raph-this could have been prevented!" Leo's mumble quickly turns into a raised hush.

Your eyes travel towards Raph as he lay there in a peace-like state. The corner of your lip curls at the sight. For some reason, you felt that for once he didn't have to fight the bad guys; he wasn't a ticking time bomb; and  he didn't have to worry about his families safety and yours. Though at the same time, you wanted Raph to wake up so you could hug him and tell him that he was pretty stupid for almost dying. 

"Leo, you did everything you could last night. You weren't there with him to see what happened-it's not your fault; No one would've known," you reach out to put a hand on the side of his bicep. "I know you would've done anything to stop it if you could.  So, stop with the self-pity and pick yourself up and be hopeful for your brother." You smile and search Leo's eyes for some assurance. He smiles back at  you and gives you a sharp nod.

Afterwards, Donnie stops what he's doing and turns to Leo:

"Leo, I realized that you haven't mentioned it before and I just wanted to make sure that the results that I am finding match up with what you and Taylor had seen."

Leo's eyes widen in shock, "Oh...ugh sorry, I- Taylor and I saw Shredders men with crates of these syringes and we overheard them... talking...about-OH MY GOSH! I forgot to tell you guys they're planning on poisoning the city with mutagen !"

You and Donnie narrow your eyes at each other, then Donnie narrows his eyes at Leo.

"I'm sorry but... Leo! How could you  forget to tell us something like that! You know what, we've got time to listen to that later. For now just tell me what you saw." Donnie shakes his head in disappointment. Even though it is a serious situation, you cant help but laugh a little.

You notice Leo blush with a touch of embarrassment written on his face.

"Umm...yeah, so we saw them carrying the crates and then we overheard Baxter say that he couldn't wait until we noticed that  Raph, 'wasn't ok', and by that he meant dying" Leo said sheepishly.

Donnie nods, "Uh-huh, did he explain what could happen or how to save him?"

Leo shakes his head, "No, I didn't stay long enough to listen to what he would say next."

Donnie pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "Alright I'll just proceed to test Raph and see what I come up with, but in the mean time why don't we get together with the others and talk about the mutagen in the crates.

You glance at Raph with an unsteady look and look down while playing with your fingers. Before you know it, your lips move and you begin to speak hesitantly,

"So... ummm... you're not gonna work on Raph right now? I'm not saying that you should rush or anything-"

Donnie smiles, "(Y/N), don't worry he'll be fine. His pulse is much stable than before and I've administered medicine to slow down the rate of deterioration in his system. he'll wake up soon and when we're done I'll come back and work on him some more, ok?"

You nod in agreement and the guys go into the living room. You stay back and give Raph a soft peck on his forehead. You hold his hand and squeeze it:

"Don't worry Raph, everything will be ok." You whisper and leave the room.

***********************************************************************************************

*(another) A/N*

Sooooooooooooooooooooo...... 2 months huh? Ok so I know I've made a lot of promises and I'm not promising anything now, but now that I'm on summer break I'll definitely be more active. You guys don't even understand how exciting it is to be back!

I hope you have an amazing day and I'll see you in another chapter!

Stay weird my friend

-Abi;)