Chapter 11 ~ Alone?

I start texting Rachel and tell her all about Jack. She is super happy for me. I tell her about how no one can know about it, too. I leave out the part about Melissa and my injuries. I hear the door open and I know my mom is home. She walks in looking serious. "Mom?" I ask. "Is something wrong?"
"Not really, but I have something to tell you." She says. I just wait for he to continue. "I have decided to take a job as a live-in nurse (or whatever they are called. Idrk). She looks at me trying to read my face. I am stunned. "What? What does this mean?" I ask.
"Well, it means I won't really be home except for the two days I get off each week." I'm speechless. I tell her it's okay and fake being okay with it. I go to my room and lie down feeling sad. I text Rachel and tell her what happened.  She tries to comfort me. She knows I don't like being home alone especially at night or for long periods of time. She would have slept over but her parents only let her sleep over places on week ends. My mom comes in my room and says goodbye. She leaves and I start to cry but then I pull myself together.... I received a text from Jack. It's said, "hey y/n. I had fun catching up with you today!😊 wanna FaceTime?" I want to but I was just sobbing. I go to the bathroom and clean my face up. I tell him yea and soon I get a FaceTime call from him. I answer. He says hey and I say hey back.  Then he says, "Omg, y/n what's wrong?" Well I guess I didn't do the best job in cleaning my face up. "Uhmm, nothing really.." I try not to tell him but eventually he gets it out of me. He's silent. I hear him saying something to someone. He looks back at me and says, "so... do you want me to stay with you?" I'm kind of surprised but of course I agree fast enough.
~~~~~~~~|~|~|~|~|~|~~~~~~~~~
It's been two weeks and Jack has been spending the night in the spare room (except for a few times when we fell asleep on the couch😉😊)everynight my mom isn't home except for the weekends when Rachel sleeps over. I had been getting really close to Jack but everyone at school still thinks we aren't friends. He still asks me about who doesn't want us hanging out and a few times I almost told him but I haven't yet.
———————————————————
Okay, sorry this is a little boring, I'm kinda in a dry spell so... yeah