Chapter 18 ~ I Have an Idea

Daniels POV:
"Well..." all the boys are lookin at me so I decide it's time tell them the honest truth.

"Okay... um Jack, do you remember when we were at the store and we ran into Rachel? ... and you introduced us? Yeah well that night I followed her on Instagram and dm'd her. We talked for a awhile and eventually I was able to get her number. We thought it was best to keep our friendship low key because y/n and you couldn't be friends and people might ask questions if they knew me and Rachel were friends. And..." I stop because I don't know if I'm ready to tell them but I guess I should. "I asked her to be my girlfriend yesterday." They all look at me shocked. Well I guess we did a good job hiding it.

"Wow. I had no idea" Corbyn says smiling.

"Dude, thank you so much. Thanks for putting me and y/n first. It was really thoughtful."

"Yeah bro, of course" I say. The boys and I joke around until the girls get back in the car.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Y/n POV:
We walk inside, go to my room, and start grabbing things I'll need. "So, I wanted to thank you for everything you did yesterday. If it weren't for you and Jack, I don't know what would have happened."

"Y/n, it's the least I could do. I mean I'm the reason they were able to take you. I should have stayed." She says looking down.

"Rachel! You had to leave. And you didn't know what was gonna happen. How could you?" She nods understandingly and I figure that's as far as we should go with this topic. "So... you and Daniel?" I say while playfully shoving her.

She rolls her eyes. "Okayy, I guess I can't really keep it from you any longer."

My eyes widen. "Any longer? How long?!" I'm really curious now.

"Well, one time I was at the store and I saw Jack and Daniel there. Jack introduced me and later Daniel followed me on Instagram and we've been talking ever since.. and ... last night he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"OH MY GOSHHHHHH!!!!!" I'm so surprised. I had no idea they even knew each other. I'm currently jumping on my bed and her.

"Calm down y/n" Rachel says laughing.

"Okay, okay. Rachel, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I ask a little more seriously.

"Well, we kept it low key because we didn't want anyone questioning you and Jack in this whole situation." She says.

Wow. She's so thoughtful. I wish I wasn't the reason she had to keep her relationship quiet. I guess she won't have to anymore. I have no words so I just hug her.  I don't understand how I could have been this blessed to have a friend like her. "I'm so happy for you! You deserve it. You are the best friend ever."

She smiles, " I love you" She says.

"I love you, too" I say back.

"PeAnuT bUtTeR" she yells holding up her hand.

"JElLy" I yell back as we do our handshake.

"Soooo... I guess it's my turn for a question" She says nudging me.

I roll my eyes. I know what she's gonna ask. "How's... JACKKK??" She screams.

I laugh at her enthusiasm. "Well.. I really love him but I know he couldn't ever feel the same way. It's such a tease. Like when I woke up he was cuddling me. I get butterflies practically from looking at him."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down.... he CuDdlED yOU?!"

"Well yeah but—"

"NO bUtS!! He ToTaLlY lIkEs yoU! It's settled. He likes you" She says as if it's legitimate information.  "Plus I mean, who goes through what he went through to protect someone they don't love? You told him to leave you alone.. how many times?? I will not take no. He likes you"

I know there is no way to change her mind so I just laugh. We finish packing me some stuff and I leave my mom a note making an excuse about where I am. We head out to the car and put my stuff in he back and get in.

Everyone seems in a good mood but I can almost feel that they know we were talking about them or something. I don't know. It's kinda weird but that's life.

"So off to the arcade" Corbyn says and we all agree.

*skip the arcade because I don't have anything to say about that haha*

We get out it the arcade and go to the dollar store and grab a ton of candy before we realize the movie theater will not allow us to bring anything in. We feel really bummed until I remember a thing that my friend told me she did once.

"Wait guys, I have an idea" I say mischievously. Everyone looks at me curiously and I wait a few seconds for effect because I like to annoy people sometimes. "My friend has this styrofoam globe thing that she wears on her stomach and puts food in it when she goes to the movies. People just think she's pregnant."
(See top for photo)

"Haha yesss" Zach says. Everyone thinks it's halarious and we looks for something like that that we could use in the store. We find exactly what we need and buy it along with some elastic to keep it in place.

Obviously Rachel is making me wear it because it was my idea. Ugh. Whatever I brought it in myself. We're in the car and me and Rachel are in the back assembling it to me. Eventually we get it perfect. They all just laugh.

"It actually looks real" Corbyn comments. "Me and Christina should try this" he laughs.

Jack leans close to my ear and whispers, "pregnancy looks good on you"

I can't believe he just said that. I laugh really hard and everyone else looks at us wondering what I'm laughing about.

We walk inside...

~|~|~|~|~|~|~
Okay lol true story. My friend actually does this when she goes to the movies😂😂 I thought it would be funny lol also I'm proud because 1000 words!! Wahoooo