Chapter 22 ~ Lies?

Y/n'a POV:
We leave the theater and I end up walking next to Zach and the girl. And of course Jack. I'm probably being rude so I decide to introduce myself to her.

"Hey, I'm y/n. Sorry I ran into you earlier" I say laughing a little.

"Oh hey, it's fine. I'm Tiff. It's nice to meet you" She says sticking out her hand for me to shake. I shake it still smiling. She's pretty on the inside and out. Wow. Lucky Zach.

"So are you and Zach..." it was only us two at this point because we are walking ahead of Zach and Jack.

"Oh um no, we're just friends. I kind of got stood up tonight and he saw me and invited me to come with you guys. So" she explains to me.

"Oh well that's sad but.. I mean... he looks like he likes you so.. I ship it" I say with my voice down low while elbowing her a little.

She blushes, "stop, he's just being nice because he feels bad."

"Uhuh, sure that's why" I say rolling my eyes.

"Well what about you and Jack? Huh? You're obviously together" she says trying to change the subject.

"No, um, he's just helping me through a little bit of a tough time so..." I say. I'm not sure how much I should tell her right now because it's not really the right moment to explain my life story.

She nods understandingly. Thank the Lord. I don't really want to think about it right now.

Zach walks up to Tiffany and asks her if she wants to come back with us. She says yes. Of course.

We reach the car and I talk to Tiff the whole ride back. Jack seems a little quiet but sometimes he is. I don't really know. Maybe I'll ask later.

We get to the house and go in. Rachel and Daniel say they're gonna watch a movie. I don't get why. We just did. I tell everyone I'm gonna go rest and I start to head up to Jack'a room. I hear Jack say he'll call come too in a minute.

I get upstairs and get out my laptop. I haven't checked my emails and stuff in a while. I log in and go to my email. I have like 200 unread emails but the first one captures my attention. It's from "unknown" and the subject line says "read bitch". I'm scared to open it but I slowly drag my finger to open the email.

"Hey, y/n, so I have something to ask-" Jack says while walking into the room. He stops when he's sees me jump up and shut my laptop immediately. I forgot he was coming.

He looks at me questioningly. I know I look guilty but what am I supposed to say.

"hey" I say as guiltlessly as possible. I obviously fail.

"What were you doing?" He asks while walking towards me slowly.

"N-nothing.. I was just checking some of my grades" I say hoping he'll believe me.

He continues walking towards me.
"Y/n, you can talk to me. I want to know when something is bothering you. I want to know everything—"

"Nothing's bothering me. I'm fine." I say quickly walking to my bag to put my laptop away. He follows me. I feel like something is nagging him but it's probably just that I won't tell him.

"You know what? That movie they're watching actually does sound good. We should go watch it." I saw while walking out the door. He doesn't reply. He just follows me down the stairs sadly.

Jack's POV:
I walk in and see y/n on her laptop but as soon as she realizes I'm there she jumps up and shuts it. I know she's hiding something now.

I ask her what she's doing but I don't want to interrogate her. She says she's checking her grades but there's no way.
I start to tell her how I want to be involved in her life and I was gonna end with asking her to be mine but she cut me off.

It really upset me because I'm trying really hard and she obviously doesn't want me to know something.

She says she wants to watch the movie and we head downstairs....
~~~~~~|~|~|~|~~~~~~
Well... this has been nice.😂😂 sorry for the drama. Lol ig he didn't ask her yet 🤞🤞🤞🤞