Chapter Two ~ Lab Partner?

T-Teacher
Y-You/ y/n
J- Jack
The bus ride to school was not great but better than some days. The one of the popular girls, Ally, was there and she was rude but you didnt really care. The one you really didnt like was Melissa. She hated you for some reason and she was the most popular. She was also dating the football captain, Ryan. When you got to school you tried to quickly pass Melissa and her friends but since Ally was on the bus she told Melissa you were there. Usually when you rode with your mom to school she would drop you off at a different entrance and you wouldnt have to pass everyone. She called out rude things to you and everyone laughed. As you were walking by Ryan tripped you and you almost fell. It was embarrassing. You made your way to your locker and pulled out you science book. Science was your first class. You liked science because since Rachel wasnt in that class you worked on your experiments alone and you didnt have to have a lab partner because the class was uneven.
"Good morning class" Your teacher, Mr. Jenkins, was saying. "as some of you may know, today we have a new student, Jack Avery." *omg* you thought *hes actually here*
T- "Lets see, umm, y/n, you dont have a lab partner. Jack, go sit with y/n. She'll catch you up."
Y- *Crap* you thought.
J- "Hey y/n, Im Jack" he said with a little smile.
Y- "Hey" you replied, faking a smile and looking away quickly.
The whole class long you tried to stay distant so that when he finds out how disliked you are he wont be as embarrassed that he was talking to you. And you weren't sure whether or not you wanted him to recognize you or not.
At the end of the class Jack looked at you and said "So um,  Mr. Jenkins said you would help me catch up?"
You had wished he wouldn't bring that up.
J- "Maybe we could work together during study hall, or lunch?" Y- "Ummm, Im a little busy today but maybe later this week." You knew you needed to give him time to see who was popular and whether or not he wanted to actually be around you.
After saying that you took your backpack and walked out. Outside the classroom Melissa was there waiting for you....