Chapter 25 ~ Okay

Y/n POV:
I cannot believe he did that. I'm leaving. I'm calling an Uber right now.

I call an Uber while pacing and then sit down on the porch steps with my bag next to me.  Maybe I shouldn't leave. I don't really want to be alone. I don't even know what the email said.  Ugh I have to leave. I can't trust him now.

"Hey" I hear. I look up and see Tiff, Zach's "friend". I look back down. "Hey" I mumble.

"So, Jack told me what happened" she's says.

"Uhuh" I say carelessly. "Did he tell you what the email said?" I ask since I still haven't checked.

"Uh... yeah" she says. I look at her waiting for her to tell me what it says. "Uhm.. it's pretty much just threats. And telling you it's not over."

"Oh" I say. That's what I was expecting if not worse.

"Jack only did it because he's worried about you" She says.

I roll my eyes. I know she's right though.

"He shouldn't have done it."

"I know that and he does, too. Ya know, he's sorry."

"Yeah..."

"I think he was just trying to make sure you were safe. He loves you"

My head shoots up. I look at her in surprise.

"Well it's obvious" she says with a little smile.

I look away trying to hide my smile. Wow I can't even stay mad at him.

"Just listen, okay? He messed up but he didn't mean to hurt you. He just wants you to always be safe and I believe that he would risk his life to make sure you are. So just stay. Or at least wait til morning so you'll be more rested."

I look at my hands and think for a second. She is right.

"Okay" I say.

She breathes a sigh of relief, "Great" she smiles. She takes my bag and I stand up with her and go inside.

"I think I'll just sleep on the couch. I don't really want to be with Jack right now" I say. She nods and we head to the living room.

I notice the light on and see Jack sitting on the couch jiggling his knee like he's nervous. He stands up as soon as he sees us.

"Y/n" he starts.

"It's okay Jack. We can talk later. I'm gonna go back to sleep" I say. I don't want to talk right now. "On the couch" I say looking anywhere else but him. 

"No" he says. I look at him and see his sorrowful expression. "I'll sleep on the couch. You can have my bed"

I would argue but I'm too tired and he's probably trying to "make up" for what he did.

"Ok" I say. Tiff and I go to his room.

"So if you want to talk later... or ever, I'm here" She says as she sets my bag down.

"Thanks" I say. She was really helpful.

"Okay, goodnight" She says.

"Night" I say. I get into bed and quickly fall asleep.

Tiff POV:
"Night" She says as I leave the room only to trip as soon as I step out.

"Jack?! Seriously? What are you doing?" I say to him. He's on the floor next to his bedroom door.

"Uh nothing" he says avoiding my stare. "Ugh okay, I'm staying here. I told you about that email. She's not safe. And if she's not gonna let me sleep in the room with her, I'm gonna sleep as close as I can get. I'm not letting anyone take her again." He explains.

That's actually really sweet. "Okay, well, goodnight" I say stepping over him and walking back to Zach's room.

"Good night" I hear him say quietly.

I step into the room only to be startled again at Zach walking briskly to me.

"Whoa, whoa, what's wrong?!" I ask.

"Where were you?" He asks. Placing his hands on my waist, pulling me into his room, and closing the door.  "I woke up and you were gone. I thought  something happened to you like it did to y/n"

I notice his hands are still on my waist before I answer. "Sorry. I heard y/n shouting and I went out to see what was wrong. Everything's okay now." He looks so relieved.

"Ok. Don't do that again please. Tell me if you're going to leave" he says pulling me towards his bed.

"You want me to wake you up... even if I'm just going to the bathroom?" I ask suppressing a smirk.

"Yes." He replies seriously.

"Ok" I say while climbing into bed next to him. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok" he says while sleepily wrapping an arm around me and pulling me up against his chest.