Chapter 26 ~ I'm Sorry

Y/n POV:
I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains. Even though I'm not a morning person it still gives me a little peep of happiness. Jack's bed is so comfy. I wish I'd let him sleep in here but... I couldn't. I don't even know what to do when I get up. What am I gonna say to him? Ugh.

I roll over and pick up my phone. It's 10:37am. I groan. I put it back down and close my eyes, hoping I'll fall back asleep and I'll never have to leave Jack's bed again... but no. 

I hear knocking and soon Tiffany enters the room.

"Morning" She says smiling.

"Morning" I say sitting up.

"Sooo we're gonna go eat" She says looking at me. "So get up because you're coming with us." She says.

I smile, "what makes you think you can  give me commands?"

She laughs, "just get up. We're leaving when you're ready."

She walks towards the door but then turns back to me, "and... you should probably talk to Jack."

I nod. I do need to.

~~~|~|~~~

I walk downstairs see everyone sitting around in the living room waiting. They are joking about watermelons.

I don't know why I'm friends with them.

I make eye contact with Jack. He has a sad painful look in his eyes as he smiles softly at me. It makes me feel so shameful for yelling at him. Tiff was right. He was just trying to help.

I smile back and everyone gets up to go to breakfast.

I get in the car and soon enough Jack sits next to me.  A few silent moments between Jack and I  go by while everyone in the front of the car talk lightly.

"I'm sorry" I say quietly so no one else hears.

"No I'm sorry" he says turning to face me. "I should not have gone through your stuff. That's not respectful and you deserved every bit of respect."

I smile softly. "Thanks Jack. But I understand why you did it and— you were doing what you thought you needed to do and that's ok. You were following your conscience."

He smiles, "I did it because I care."

My heart is bursting. Into. A million. PEICES!!! But there's no way he likes me. No way. He cares like a brother. Only a brother.

We pull up to Bob Evans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3:50pm
We went to the store after breakfast and then went swimming when we got back. 

Now Tiffany, Zach, Jack and I are chilling on the couches.  I'm not sure where everyone else is. And... for being the only two people on this couch.. Jack and I are sitting kind of close.... I mean I'm not complaining.. but— never mind it's just brotherly love.

Zach and Tiffany on the other hand... that is more that sibling love. They're legs are intertwined and they won't stop blushing. I'm sure there is enough butterflies going around. (Ahahah tiff_wdw_dolan )

It's been a while and Corbyn, Rachel, Daniel, and Jonah are now with us playing a card game. We just finished a hand when Jack stands up.

"Uhm, I gotta go to the restroom real quick" he says rising and going upstairs. We continue to play. Soon Daniel looks down at his phone.

"I need to get something from my room" he says following where Jack had previously gone.

We continue to play again.  We get through two rounds before I start to wonder. They still haven't come back.

"Hey guys, whats taking them so long?" I ask.

"I don't know, they've been gone a while. Maybe we should go check on them."

"Yeah I'll go" I say heading upstairs.
I go to Jacks room and knock on his bathroom door. No answer.

"Jack?!" I yell. I slowly open the door only to find an empty bathroom. I start to worry but he's probably just in Daniel's room.

I speed walk over to Daniels room only to find it empty as well except for a note on the bed.

"Dear y/n,
Don't worry about us. We'll be back soon. We've gone to find the people who are threatening you. It'll be ok. They think you are meeting them alone. Do not worry and ABSOLUTLY do not try to follow us.
Love,
Jack<3

There's also a note for Rachel but I don't read it since it's for her. I'm shocked. Immediately I feel tears coming into my eyes and feel weak. Before I can collapse to the ground two arms wrap around me.

~~~~|~|~~~~~
Wel this isn't as good as I wanted it to be and I'm sorry it's so late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!!!! love you girl💖