Chapter 29 ~ Melissa

Before you read this, I changed the ending in the chapter before this one (28) lol it's been so long you probably don't remember anyway😂😂

          Chapter 29 ~ Melissa
I quickly change direction and start heading downtown. Melissa doesn't live downtown but I need to get a taxi.

After what seems like ages I finally step into a little yellow taxi and soon I'm outside Melissa's house. I walk up the the door hesitantly at first, but after remembering Jack, I walk confidently.

After ringing the doorbell I hear footsteps. Presently the door is opened slightly by a little boy.

And then confidence is gone. Oh well.

"Um— Is Melissa here?"

The boy nods and let's out a "wait here" in a small voice. He shuts the door and a few moments later it's opened by Melissa.

"What do you want?" she says almost guiltily.

Her face is tear stained and I can see bruises on her wrist she's holding the door with.

"Where's Jack?" I ask, ignoring her demeanor and trying to sound as confident as possible.

She chuckles dryly under her breathe, "I don't know where your boyfriend is. I'm done caring."

"No where is he?!" I ask feeling my voice rise as well as my impatience level. "I know he's here. Where's Daniel?"

"Okay calm down. I already told you I don't know. I'm done. I told you. I don't know where Daniel is. Just get lost." she says annoyed and attempts to close the door.

My foot immediately shoots out.

"Where is he?!" I shout.

"Listen, y/n, I don't know where he is and I don't care. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I'm sorry for Ryan. It won't happen again. Now will you please just leave me alone?!" the door slams shut.

Her words came out so fast it takes me a moment to take it in. Did she just... apologize? What is happening. I almost feel... kinda... bad for her. Is she okay? Whatever, it's not my problem. If they aren't here then where are they?

I hop back in the taxi. My brain is plagued with thoughts. I have no idea what to do. usually I ask Jack.

I'm soon climbing back into Jack's window still stuck in my thoughts. I'm back where I started. Back to square one. Where are they? There's no leads. There's noth—

Wait.....

My laptop!!!!