Chapter 23 ~ Not A Movie

Y/n POV:
We walk downstairs. I know he knows something's up but I don't know anymore. I can't tell him and I have been sucking at hiding it so far. I feel bad though. He seems so upset and I know he's just trying to help. Arghhh, why does this happen to me? I need to read that email. I'll read it when I can get alone. Jack's kinda watching me a lot because he knows somethings up so I'll have to wait.

We walk into the living room and look for a seat. There aren't  any seats left on the couches but Corbyn notices us and moves over a bit. There still isn't really enough room for both of us but... we make it work. At first it seems kind of awkward but then I get used to it and relax. Jack seems to have done the same.

I start to focus on the movie instead of all my fears and crap. I don't know what this movie is called but it's a romance I think. Rachel must have picked. I look over at her and notice her legs are all entangled with Daniels. I also notice that Zach and Tiff seem to have gotten comfortable together. They're sitting really close and it looks like... they could be holding hands? Cute. I look back at the screen. Love.. kisses... perfectness.. living happily ever after...   ...I wish. I wish I was in a movie. Like this one. Everything always seems to work out.

I'm startled out of my thoughts when I feel Jack's hand slide along mine and then lace our fingers together.

"You alright?" He whispers. "You look upset"

"Yeah I'm fine" I say and force a smile.

Im fine. Maybe if I say it enough it'll be true.

It's sweet of him to care though. I look down at our hands and fingers intertwined. I really love him... but how could it work? It's not a movie. He's too perfect for me to ever actually be able to spend my life with. ...but for now.. whatever.

He has his arm on "the back of the couch"/around me so I lay my head on his chest. I feel my eyes start to droop...

~~|~|~|~~

I feel the couch moving around me and open my eyes a little. Corbyn is getting up.

"Guys— that movie— was so beautiful and sad in a good way... wow" Corbyn says dramatically, but sincerely. "I cried so much."

"I didn't" Zach says.

I look over and see Tiff looking at him amusedly with an eyebrow raised.

"You didn't?" I she says.

"—well... no- well— not as much as Corbyn" he answers trying to still seem tough.

Wow these idiots, I love them. I'm still tired considering it's after 11:00pm.

"Let's go upstairs" I hear Jack whisper in my ear.

I nod. We stand up and say our goodnights then I follow him up the stairs. We enter his room and I go to my bag, get my pjs, and head to the bathroom to change. I brush my teeth and use the restroom before going back to Jack's room.

"So... wher—"

"You can sleep here" Jack interrupts me while patting the bed next to him.

I smile and slide in next to him. Soon his arms are wrapped around my waist and out hands are intertwined for the second time this evening.

Soon my eyes droop again and I fall asleep.

~~~|~|~|~~~

I'm cold. I reach my hand out to feel for Jack. When he's not there I open my eyes. He's not next to me. He's probably in the bathroom. I try to fall asleep again but it's impossible without him next to me. I roll over planning to get out and find him when I see him at his desk with a light lighting up his face from...

MY LAPTOP

~~~~~~\~\~|~|~/~/~~~~~
Heh whoops cliff hanger hehehe thanks tiff_wdw_dolan
Go follow her ^^^^ she's the best