Chapter 12 ~ I'm Good

So life is pretty good right now. Jack and I still hang out a lot but it's hard to pretend we aren't friends at all and keep it a secret. He pretends to be mean to me at school but sometimes I have to remind him. Melissa has sorta left me alone since she thinks Jack doesn't like me. Jack doesn't like her. It's actually kinda funny. I haven't told him she's the reason why we keep our friendship a secret but when we hang out he complains about her. He'll always talk about how she's so annoying and she won't leave him alone. I just kinda nod and pretend like I think she's kinda annoying but okay.
Anyway, today is Friday so Rachel will be sleeping over tonight. I'm in science class and I see Jack walking in. He sits next to me and says quietly, "so, is Rachel sleeping over tonight?" I tell him she is and he smiles. "Okay, I just wanted to make sure because the boys and I are gonna have a guys night tonight. I wasn't gonna go unless someone was staying with you." I smile. He always is thinking of me. "Well thanks, but Rachel is gonna stay with me so you can go have fun." I haven't ever actually met the other guys but they seem chill. I look over at Melissa and I see that she is already looking at me. She looks like she's gonna kill me and I quickly get Jack to pretend to be mean so she won't think anything. She stops looking at me so I just shrug it off.
*Later with Rachel*
So Rachel kinda knows what goes on with my bullying but we don't talk about it much. I guess she thought that this time was different because she kinda figured a lot out... so I told her. She was so surprised and upset, I'm surprised she didn't go kill Melissa. Eventually she calmed down and we decided to watch a movie. *movie skip*
We finish the movie and get into bed. I'm really tired and I start to fall asleep but I'm woken up by Rachel's phone ringing. She talks for a few minutes and then hangs up. "I have to go home." She says angrily. "My mom got called in to work and no one is home to watch the kids." Okay so Rachel's mom works the same job as my mom and apparently one of the other nurses need a fill in and her mom decided to go. Anyway, her dad is a truck driver so her little siblings are home alone and they can't be home alone at night. Rachel turns back to me, "you should come sleep over at my house. I don't want you to be alone especially after what you just told me." I look at her for a few seconds then answer, "Well, I mean I'm really tired and I'm already in bed. And someone's been staying with me every night. I'm sure one night will be fine." She looks at me really concerned and I guess she decides I can make up my own mind so she says goodbye and gets her stuff and leaves. I would call Jack but he was so excite about going with the guys and I'm fine anyway. I'm so comfortable in bed. I start to fall asleep again but then I hear something. I think it's just Rachel getting something she forgot or still leaving. I don't know. But then I hear my door slam into the wall. I shoot up in my bed and the lights go on. It's so bright and I can't see. I feel someone grab my arm roughly and pull me out of my bed. I'm dragged outside and my eyes adjust. Ryan and Melissa. As soon as I see them Ryan raises his hand and everything goes black.