Chapter 32 ~ Oof

•••
I step closer to Daniel and a little further forward in an attempt to see more.  The truck is not facing us so it I can't see if anyone is inside. Daniel and I step back in unison as if thinking the same thing.

"Do you know that truck?" Daniel asks.

"No? Have you seen it before?"

"I think so," he says quietly. "I've seen a truck like that around"

Oof. 

"Around where?"

"I don't know, at the movies, and maybe once in our neighborhood."

Oooof. Well that's not good.

"Well why didn't you say anything?! You know that's suspicious especially with the band and—"

"I know! I know, I just figured I was being paranoid! I'm sorry! I mean it's your dad so stop blaming me! I didn't—" We're  both getting fired up at this point clearly because of the panic and fear were feeling right now.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I'm just... scared I guess." His face softens and he nods understandingly, also feeling the fear I am feeling.

"We need to see if someone's in the—"

I'm cut off by the sound of a car door slamming shut.  Daniel and I both look cautiously around the corner to find the same man, my dad, walking away from the truck and into a nearby door.

Immediately Daniel and I look at each other, ideas running through your brains.

"I'm gonna go look in the car" I state quickly and quietly.

Daniel seems hesitant but must dismiss whatever he is thinking, "Okay, I'll stay here and watch for Cory."

I nod and start walking quietly towards the truck. I walk to the side of the car that is opposite the building in case my dad comes out and sees me.

I step closer to the back seat of the truck and press my face against the glass, peering in. It's very dark but I can make out a body laid across the back seat. And curly hair. Immediately my heart beats faster. I'm getting him out. Now.

Just as I place my hand on the handle the door my dad disappeared into opens and he emerges. What is with me not being able to open doors today??

I glance at the cornier of the building to see Daniel waving his hands as if to say "No! No!"

I don't know what he wants me to do but I stay still for a moment waiting for Cory to move. He walks towards the drivers seat and the sound of jingling makes me shift my eyes to his left hand. Keys.

He's leaving. With Jack. Hellll no.

He hops in the car, putting the key in the ignition and starting the engine.

I don't know if I'm thinking rationally or not but my doubts are not holding me back now. I walk as quietly and quickly as to the back of the truck and smoothly slide onto the bed of the truck. 

After lying down so Cory won't see me, I look back at Daniel. His face is pure panic. Panicking myself I look at him seriously an mouth a "get help" to him and then give him a small sad smile.

He still looks absolutely terrified but I make out a slight nod as the truck starts moving putting distance between Daniel and I. 

What am I doing??

•••
Ooof a lil fight lol
Anyways I updated again!! Lol hard to believe ik
I can't even believe it lol
Love y'all 💜💜