-»7, Clear

Yes, this chapter is slightly inspired by Zootopia. I don't actually know why.

"You and Justin Emerson used to date?" My eyebrows rose to the top of my head.

"Yes, used to."

The snotty waitress from before brought out mine and Patrick's food and placed it where he's sitting. His eyes questioned me as I held up three fingers, telling him I'll be back soon.

"How did you know Addison? She was born after Justin got married, meaning you probably weren't in his life at that point."

"She found me. One day a year ago, she just barged through the doors and asked about me. We started talking like you and I are right now and we became... Friends you could say." Her smile told me she was fond of the memory, but her eyes told me differently.

"Have you seen her recently?" I fidgeted my thumbs.

"She stopped by about a week ago right before closing time. She gave me this," She pulled a little crumpled piece of paper out of her pocket and placed it in front of me on the table. "She told me to give it to you if you ever came by." She looked down at the table and fiddled her thumbs.

"You know she's gone missing, right?" She nodded her head slowly.

"I hope she comes back soon, I miss having her here. She left me with her." She stuck her finger out in the direction of the snotty waitress who was talking to Patrick. A laugh left my lips and so did one from Mrs. B. A group of people walked into the cafe, making Mrs. B groan. "Guess I have to go back to my job. But, I would like to help you find Addison. If there's anything I can do, just call." She gave me a business card with her number on the back before returning to the kitchen.

The piece of paper that was in front of me got blown off the table by a gush of wind coming from the now opened door. As I went to grab it, Patrick picked it up in his free hand as his other one was occupied with a plate that probably had my food on it.

"I figured you were too lazy to move." He gave the paper back with a smile. I shoved it in my pocket to deal with later.

"Thank you." I smiled back, picking up my still warm grilled cheese and taking a bite. The crispy-ness of the toasted bread and the softness of the melted cheese could make me melt.

"Who was that woman?" Patrick questioned me as my mouth was filled with heaven.

"A 'friend' of Addy's. She didn't tell me much, just that she new her father and that Addison used to come here and talk to her. I don't understand how I never knew this."

"Addison was never exactly an open book. You can't blame yourself for not knowing." He eyed my other grilled cheese with desire. I just moved the plate away from him.

But he's right, I can't blame myself for not knowing everything about the person that knew everything about me.

«---»

Patrick stared at the grey and white house with a off expression. "Why do you want to go to his house again?" I understand that Patrick has some doubts about me going to Xavier's house at around 6 in the afternoon, but he needs to let me out of the damn car. He literally locked the doors.

"We're doing a project, now will you let me go?" I tried the door again but it was still locked. "I promise we're not playing around with each other. We're just working on something together, now let me out of the car." I looked at him with as much seriousness as I could.