-»28, Revelry

The streets were lit up with fire and music was floating through the air. So many colours were exploding around us and stalls selling many skull decorations and treats. People walked around with sugar skulls on their faces, holding candles.

It was truly beautiful.

We walked into a open area where a stage was placed at the end and people were dancing to the bands playing. "There are a lot of people here." I stated.

"Yeah, but Addison's blue hair always stands out." Xavier looked around and so did I. There were many people with coloured hair. "Well, we'll have to be more careful."

We continued to walk around more. There was a guy that was blowing fire out of his mouth and women prancing around in beautiful colourful dresses. 

A girl walked past me with blue hair. The sugar skull makeup on her face acted like a mask, but those grey eyes didn't belong to Addison. I turned and saw Xavier wasn't by my side anymore. I did a double take and slowly turned in a complete circle, but I still couldn't see him.

"Xavier!" I yelled into the crowd. "You've got to be kidding me."

I can't just stand here all night and hope that he finds me. But, if I go into the crowd then I could get even more lost and it would take longer. A man just walked away from a stool on my left. I could stand on it and see if I can spot Xavier. I politely but sneakily took the stool over to wear I was originally standing.

I couldn't see much, but tried looking for a leather jacket with a bear on the back. Over yonder, I spotted the leather jacket and relief flooded through me. Except, Xavier doesn't have blonde hair or a moon tattoo...

"Hey, can I have my stool back?" A man asked with his thick Spanish accent seeping through.

"Oh, sorry." I stepped off the stool and passed it back to him. My best chance would be to go to that guy and hope to God that he knows Xavier.

I pushed past the crowd, getting hit by dancers in the process. I was a couple of meters away from him when someone's hand latched onto mine. I made eye contact with the man before turning to see who was holding me. Xavier stood silent for a minute, also looking at the man before dragging me with him out of the crowd.

"Where the hell did you go? I thought you were right behind me?" He shot questions at me left and right.

"I was looking at something and when I turned around, you were gone! Where did you even go?"

"I walked closer to the stage." He shrugged.

"Did you know that guy?" I asked referring to the guy wearing the same jacket as Xavier.

"No."

"You have the same jacket with the same bear." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maybe he knows my dad." He shrugged again and looked around. I could tell he was lying, but Xavier isn't the best at telling me all the details. "Have you seen anything suspicious?" He asked looked back at me.

"Other than that guy, no. I'm not the one that adventured around the place." I was a little bitter. "What are we suppose to do? There's nothing here indicating she's trying to tell us something." Frustration was making its way through my veins.

"Maybe she was telling us we need a vacation." He tried chuckling but it quickly died. "Was there anything in the other notes that could of been a clue?" I tried thinking deeply about what she wrote, but nothing was said about coming here until the warehouse.

At least, I don't think.

I shook my head and Xavier sighed. Another girl walked past me with blue hair and a smirk. Her green eyes caught mine and my heart began to race. She pushed into the crowd and disappeared. "What? What's wrong?" Xavier tried searching my face.

"Come on." I quickly started pushing my way through the crowd again and tried to find that girl. Could it be her? Xavier was calling my name from behind me, but I paid no attention to him. I spotted the girl a couple of meters away from me and heading to a stall. I caught up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, making her turn to face me. She looked very confused.

"Can I help you?" She asked nicely, but her voice wasn't the one I was looking for.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I dropped my hand from her shoulder and took a step back.

"It's ok, it surprisingly happens a lot." She chuckled and turned around to the stall. I turned and saw Xavier waiting for me with a worried expression. He must of thought I was going to run away. He walked over, grabbed my hand again and started walking me back the way we were.

But then he froze in his steps.

He looked like he had just seen a ghost or he was a deer in headlights. "Xavier?" I tugged on his hands but he wouldn't move. Following his line of sight, I saw who he was staring at.

A boy with white hair was making his way through the crowd to a girl that has caused me a lot of trouble. I now understand why Xavier is frozen. Her green eyes caught my brown ones and I was immediately flooded with happiness.

I have found Addison Emerson.

«---»