Chapter 6

"But I want to. I don't wanna miss the moment my best friend finally meets someone from her family.", she grinned and pushed me out of the flat. Shaking my head and laughing, I followed her out of the building.

*Tory's POV*

After Liz decided to go with Green Day on tour, first I was worried - I mean, I didn't know the band well back then, and I was just scared. But I was also shocked because of the fact that her adoptive mother used to hit her and kicked her out. And - even if it may sound weird - I envied her a bit. But I'll never forget which sacrifices she had to bring for the life she's living now...

But I'm happy for her. I mean, I have my own flat and a boyfriend - I'm happy. And Liz; Liz has finally a family that loves her.

And now, now she actually came back to meet her brother - a person she forgot, but always wished for having. With every station we drove, I could feel how nervous she got. Her hands were shaking and her lips also trembled a bit. She looked pretty tired. And all in all, fucked up a bit.

When we left the metro and got out of the station, the situation didn't get better. I gave her a cigarette which she light up with her shaking hands and could see how deep she inhaled.

When we arrived ten minutes later at the building, she was already lighting up her third cigarette. I took it from her and put it back into cigarette pack.

"Hey!"

"Stop, Liz! You're not turning into a chain-smoker. Understood? Now let's go in..."

"I can't do that!"

"What do you mean?"

"What if he doesn't want see me? What if he'll be mad at me? What if-"

"What if, what if, what if. Liz, I know that you're scared. But hey, we'll do this. Together. Ok?"

She just nodded. I did too and we went up to the door.

I rang the bell one.

No answer.

I rang it a second time.

Was there a sound behind the door?

I rang it a third time.

Finally the door opened. A big, young and pretty good-looking guy opened the door.

"You?!", they both exclaimed at the same time. Then Lisa fainted.

"What the-"

"She fainted. Help me get her in. I'll explain everything to you."

He took Liz and placed her gently at the couch. Then he lead me into the kitchen. I sat down and asked, if I may smoke.

"So then - who are you? And why did she just faint in front of my door?", he asked in German.

"I am a good friend of her. And well, I think we can have this conversation in english, right?", I answered in English.

"Uhm, yes..."

"That's good. And now, please tell me that you're Thomas Johnson. Age 22, parents died in a car crash eleven years ago, very sick as a child."

"Where the fu-"

"That girl over there on your couch-"

"Her name's Liz. I met her on the plane in California." his words really made me lose my train of tought;

"On the plane?!"

"Yes. Well, actually at the bookstore at the airport, but we were sitting side by side and talking nearly for the whole flight."