Chapter 28

I put the box onto my bed and opened it, ready to show them every single piece inside.

It was a long night we spent talking, laughing, crying.

*(still) Liz' POV*

The next day, Tuesday, I had to get back to the studio. We had to finish planning the tour. We'd be a few times opening for some bands, but most of our tour would be our own headline-shows. (USA, Canada, UK and Ireland)

I know, not much, but still. The tour would be starting in July. Which means, we've got two months left for practise, local shows and fooling around together.

The relationship between Ryan and me seemed to work. Well, we've been together for a few days now, but it seemed to work pretty good. And right now, we got the house for ourselves - Dad went off to play some shows (I'm so happy for him!), Mum decided to go out on a 'girls night' together with Sarah, Britt, and some other friends of hers/theirs (for example Abbey's mum, Jennifer). Jake stayed at Devan's and Joey was out with Emily's Army.

So basically, Ryan and I were alone. (I bet the others will come over due to the feeling of boredom.)

"How are you feeling?" he suddenly asked me. We were sitting on the old couch in my room, making some music and just fooling around. I stopped strumming on my guitar and looked at him.

"Fine, I guess. You?" I shrugged, put away the instrument and leaned on his shoulder. I took a deep breath of his aftershave I loved so much.

"I'm happy as long as you are." he gave me a war smile, which made him look even hotter. I leaned in and kissed him. Soon we were making out on the sofa, our clothes starting to fall to the ground. When we were naked, he suddenly stopped.

"Are you sure?" he asked me. I nodded, seeing (and feeling) how bad he wanted to do this. And me too. By now, we were lying in the bed. He pulled out a condom of his jeans and rolled it over.

A few minutes later, we were still laying next to us, our lips not wanting to part, when suddenly the bell rang.

"Let's just ignore it." I whispered. He smiled and started kissing my jawline, sucking on my nipples, kissing my scars. But the ringing didn't want to stop. Sighting, I got up, quickly threw some clothes on, and made y way towards the door.

It were none other than our dear bandmates.

"Wow...bad hair day or did we interrupt something?" John laughed as he saw me. I realized I was wearing Ryan's shirt. I even didn't want to imagine how the rest of me looked.

We spent the whole evening fooling around, having fun and also making music.

And the day after that.

And the next day.

Of course, we still had to get a lot of work in the studio to get done, a lot of interviews and live appearances to do and so on, but we enjoyed our friendship.

We did, because it was soething special.

The friendship, the band, the music.

And again, I could think about how my new life turned out to be.

Even without Tory by my side anymore, and the pain from it, I've got my new family, my new friends, and my new life.