Chapter 25

I swallowed. If Jo and I knew, we'd talk Billie Joe out of it...

*Liz' POV*

It still hurt to talk about Tory.

I was sitting outside, watching old videos, looking at old pictures, wiping tears away. Memories never to be repeated again.

Ryan sat down next to me, pulling me into a hug, looking at the sky.

"I may not believe in God, but I believe that somewhere, way up there at the stars, she's looking down at us..."

"It hurts so much. And it will always be with me - that feeling that she first had to die so I could start a career - the one I always wished for."  I cried into his shoulder. "I mean, I'm using the fact she's dead!"

"Don't say something like that. You're not selling her death - you're sharing your feelings." he stroke my arm. "You're finally letting all this feelings escape your mind. You should be having a great time, not sitting outside here, crying at the stars." he kissed my hair, pulling me into a tighter hug. I looked up into the night sky, seeing the stars shine bright, even though we were in the city. I felt safe with Ryan. So safe I felt with Nate.

When we came back to the studio, everyone was looking at us.

"There won't be a music video for 'Shooting Star'. We don't want to put you through this. We thought Memories would maybe be ok." Abbey informed me, giving me a look I wasn't really able to read. Concern?

We started discussing it immediately.

"No. I want the whole band! If you guys wanna Ryan and me in the main roles, fine. But I want you around - y'know, exchanging looks during practise, pills, bottles, and so on." I said for at least the 100th time.

"And what the actual fuck should we be doing? This is a love story!" John replied (again).

"Dear God! Be the fucking rest of the band! Play, laugh, whatever, just don't get the state Ryan and I are in!" I sighted.

"You know what, let's do that together with a director." Lara stopped the screaming between John and me. Jim nodded to that.

At the parking lot, Ryan, John, Lara and Emma got into Ryan's van and Abbey and I took Dad's old car I made my own by now.

"How 'bout we celebrate a bit at our's?" Emma proposed. I wanted to agree when my phone went off. It was Jake.

"Guys, you need to get over here! NOW!" he screamed so loud into the phone, I needed to hold it away a few centimeters from my ear. I sighted and got into the car.

When we arrived at the house, it was pitch dark in there.

"What the fuck could be so important to get us into a dark house?" Abbey asked.

"Do I look like I know what the hell's going on?" I replied.

Suddenly, all the lights went on.

"Surprise!" a lot of people screamed. All of our friends and family where in the room. (Well, except of John & Emma's, Lara's and Ryan's parents.)

"Auntie Liz! Auntie Liz! Are you too gonna be as famous as Daddy?" Mike and Britt's two blonde, little bundles of joy came running towards me. I lifted them up onto a sideboard and ruffled their hair.

"Who knows." Two bright smiled met me. They wanted Lara to give them a big bear-hug - they liked her the most. Adie and Agnes carried a cake from the kitchen to the middle of the living room.

"C'mon guys, don't hide yourself by the door!" Agnes grabbed my and John's arm and pulled us across the room.

"may I introduce - Agnes, this is John; John, meet my 2nd momma Agnes." I said while being dragged towards the cake with a single candle of the shape of a 1. On the cake, there was a dog out of sugar, with a sleeveless shirt and a cigarette in his mouth.