Chapter 17

"Guys? We'll be on the fucking radio!" I screamed to break the silence. Everyone in the car cheered. And I also laughed. It was a real laugh.

*still Liz' POV*

The room we were in was pretty small. Or maybe it seemed to be so because a six-headed band and two commentators were sitting inside.

or is that blue? I've never seen so many different hair colours! Anyways, how gets such a big band like you together?" a more or less young guy laughed into the microphone. We all had to laugh out loud.

"Well, y'know, you take a few outcasts, listen to music, hang out together and boom! - you've got a band." Abbey laughed into the microphone.

"Wow. I think every great band started like this. But why do you need so many people? Have you got, like, three drummers or what?" the other commentator, a young woman who also laughed, said into the microphone.

"It's more or less complicated." I said. "Lara's our drummer girl, Emma plays Bass guitar, John plays rhythm guitar and Ryan lead guitar. Abbey actually thought she'd be able to hide her piano-talent from us." I laughed.

"And you?"

"I'm the newest member." 

"Actually, Liz was our missing part. I mean, I think we're the luckiest band ever to have someone like her." Ryan said.

"Definitely." Abbey agreed.

"Yeah, Liz, you've really come around the world together with Green Day. Not to forget your stunning performance of 'She' in London. Here, have a listen." The young co-commentator pushed a button and I was able to hear myself sing. "How come you've met with these guys sitting here?"

"Actually, Abbey invited me to have lunch with them in school. Ryan recognized me and the first communication between us was 'Do you wanna play in our band?' And yeah, the same day we were sitting all together with our instruments." I told the story, which is one of my most precious memories.

"It's no secret you guys are big Green Day fans, but how is it to be part of that Green-Day-family."

"It's great!" Abbey said with a little glitter in her eyes.

"Actually, when Abbey met Billie Joe and my brothers, she almost fainted." I said, laughing.

"So tell me if I'm right - you guys are the luckiest pile of Green Day fans on earth, right?"

"Probably." Emma laughed. "I mean, these four guys are our biggest influence - not to forget they are the reason why we're here today."

"Yeah. There's a funny story about the song 'Shooting Star' meeting the radio. With me Sleeveless Dogs and we'll be right back after the break and two songs for you; Imagine Dragons and P!nk featuring Nate Ross!" the commentator said. We all took the headphones we were wearing off.

"By the way guys, what exactly do we need to plug in and how much space do you need for your live performance?" the guys asked us, while we all got a cup of coffee.

"We need all instruments except of the drum kit. We've got a cajon with us." Emma explained.

"Alright, thanks. You'll be on in five minutes again." the man left to probably get it arranged.

I still couldn't believe I was in here. After checking my phone, I realized school hasn't even started yet, which means the most of them would hear us live on the radio.

"So, here we are back again, with me in the studio are Sleeveless Dogs who are going to perform their debut-single 'Shooting Star' just in a few minutes, but first guys, I heard there's a funny story how the song got to the radio. Am I right?" now it was the woman who was talking.