Chapter 19

"Seriously guys, grow the fuck up." I said smiling as I opened the door, my new song in the pocket of my guitar case.

*Abbey's POV*

We just got to a stop in front of Liz' driveway as she left the house, smiling, with her guitar in one hand and her little backpack she's always carrying with her slung over her arm. I saw the way Ryan was staring at her.

"You'll have to tell her sooner or later. She'll find out anyways." I told him from behind.

Somehow, we always sat like that; Lara and Emma in the very back, John and me in the middle and Ryan and Liz in the front, Ryan driving.

"I-"

"Sup guys." Liz got into the car. "Anyone wrote a song yesterday?"

"Yeah, me." Ryan replied. He didn't look at her, but had his eyes out on the road. I was dieing to read the lyrics. But I knew he wouldn't show me now.

"Show me!" Liz said.

"Later. It's in my backpack." he replied, still not looking at her. Liz sensed that something was wrong with him. I saw it, because she looked at me. My phone vibrated;

> What's up with him? Smth happened??? Or is he on his period??

< You guys kissed a few days ago. He was known as a player. Think about it. I replied. It seemed a bit harsh, but she'll know I didn't mean it that way.

> You mean he's in - no way!

< Why not Lisa? You made his dream come true. You made our group stick more together than before. Don't wonder everybody's relying on you.

> Hmpf. I've got enough from love. Love's a traitor.

< But you can't play with his feelings!!!! Liz, where's your brain?!

> Drugged. Anyways, how bad?

< He almost crashed the car standing in front of your house because of staring.

Liz gave me another look. She didn't have enough of love - she was scared to be hurt again. She was so scared because she loved Nate.

*Liz' POV*

In school, I couldn't really concentrate. Nate and Ryan. They look and so alike, and yet different. I couldn't think straight. Instead of writing what the teacher said, I wrote different song lyrics, putting them all together. I didn't know how I felt about Ryan. Hell, I'm not even sure about Nate!

During lunch, I felt Ryan look at me. And every time he looked away, I looked at him. His blonde hair with a black stripe. Admit it, he does good look. But did I really turn a player into a, well, not-a-player? Is that even possible?!

"I'm outside for a cig." I said and left the cafeteria, giving my not even slightly touched food to Emma. A few moments later Ryan followed me.

"Are you ok?" he too lit one.

"I don't know. Probably." I shrug. I was actually tired as hell. I had troubled falling to sleep and I knew it was because of those stupid pills. "I mean, we're starting a real music career. It's so unbelievable!"

"Yeah, it is. You actually made my dream come true." Ryan chuckled. I grinned.

"You deserve it. You're a great guitar player." I leaned at his shoulder.

"Thanks. But you're too great. Really. We all relay on you because we trust you. You've known more about life than anyone else."

"Well, you know how I had to pay for it."