Chapter 26

And I cried every single time I read it.

"You told me to move on, mate. But is this the right move?"

*(still) Liz' POV*

My door opened and somebody entered. I put the letter away and stood up.

Joey was in my room, holding two cups of coffee.

"Morning. Thought I'd bring you some coffee." he smiled, but I was somehow furious at him. I gave him an angry look.

"You accused Ryan of waiting until he's drunk so he can fuck me, while in the meantime you fucked my best friend. I'm waiting for a logical explanation." I crossed my arms. Joey put the two cups away and sighted.

"Liz - I know Ryan for a pretty long time. And even if he's tuned down a bit - do you really wanna know what he's done in high school? I'm just trying to protect you."

"Trying to protect me? Joey, people can change! Ryan changed! You too probably changed! Hell, even I changed! And telling me who I am allowed to fuck and who not is really not your fucking business!" I scaremed angry at him. "You know what, you're judging him because of his past just like every other person does! But do you know the background? Do you wanna know Abbey's background?! Would you have fucked her if you knew?! Tell me, what are you thinking about me? About my past?! Ryan wasn't the first boy I fucked with! And he won't be the last! So just move your ass out of my ro-"

"Guys, it's fucking noon! Tune down." Dad's head appeared in my door. "And I'm gonna have a talk with you two later." he seemed a bit annoyed. I gave Joey one more death glare until he finally left my room.

I waited a few minutes until I too left, searching for Abbey.

"Wow, I heard you two arguing down here..." Abbey mumbled.

"Oh Abs. I'm just so angry at him." I sighted, getting myself some cake from yeterday evening.

"Hey Lassie!" Tre walked into the kitchen. "Don't be so rude to your brother."

"Hm? She's not rude." Tommy gave me a side-hug. I looked around. Suddenly, there were so many people in the room.

"He's talking about Joey." John entered the kitchen. 

"People! Why the heck does everyone know?!" I exclaimed confused.

"We heard your screaming even in the garden." Dean also entered the room, Jake, Dave and Annie following him. I felt like blushing, but decided to stay angry.

I got myself another cup of coffee and left for the garden to find Ryan sitting there.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"Hey." he answered pretty emotion-less.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, nice to know I was just one of your many fucks." he spat, standing up. "You don't seem to be better than I was."

"Ryan! I - it's not what I - I'm-"

"Save it, Liz. Just tell me - do you love me or not? Because I can't wait forever!" he looked at me. I didn't know what to answer. "Well then, last night was a great one-night-stand. See you at the studio." he turned around and started to walk away.

"Ryan!" I screamed and ran towards him. "Please, wait!" I ran so close to him I could feel his breath on my skin. He was a bit taller than me. "I - I love you." I lowered my voice, looking at his brown eyes.

His head started to come near, and the next moment our lips were intertwined passionately, until someone cleared their throat behind us.

It was Dad (Billie). We broke apart and I left for the house.