Chapter 8

"She met him. But she's broken down. I'm just worried. Do you know anything about her cutting herself again?"

Four 'no's hit me. But Abbey just looked onto the floor, trying to avoid my look. Not only I, but also Jakob noticed this.

still) Joey's POV*

"Abbey?", we both asked .

"Abs, if you know anything, tell me! I don't wanna risk that she'll kill herself. You know her story, don't yoù?"

"Yes, of course I do! But I promis-"

"I don't care if you promised not to tell or not! Sorry, if I'm harsh, but I'm just worrying. It's just - well, y'know."

"I understand. I do too worry. We all do.", she made a small pause. Everyone nodded. "She doesn't cut like she did before. And it's not deep or much. She promised Billie something a few months ago. And I think she'll keep this promise..."

"I know...I'm just-"

"Worried. We all are.", Ryan finished for me.

*Tommy's POV*

Pretty early in the morning my phone started to vibrate - Tory sent me a phew messages;

< Please check on Liz!

< You already know her story.

< I think, that you guys really need to talk.

< Important!!!

< As fast as possible!

< Can't really talk right now - I'll drop by at noon.

< Oh, and better give her a coffee - she can be like grumpy cat in the morning... ;-)

> Calm down, girl. :) I will...

I left the sofa and made my way over to the bedroom. I spent the night on the sofa because I knew that it would be probably too much for her.

I slowly opened the door and took a look inside. The blurred make-up and the dryed tears on her face were evidence enough that she cryed herself to sleep. The sleeve of her pullover rucked up a bit so that her scars were visible. They made me shiver and sad...

I could see that she wasn't really sleeping at all.

"Liz?"

*Liz' POV*

I felt Tommy's presence beside me on the bed. He called my name. I felt that my sleeve rolled up, but it was too late - he already saw the scars.

"Are you alright?", I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Yeah...I think so. I'm really sorry for yesterday. I better get going now..."

"No, please. Tory will come by at noon. Please stay."

"Ok...", I mumbled. The only thing I felt now was numbness. Nothing else. I sat up straight and then shame overcame me. Tommy laid his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. It felt good.

"You don't need to apologize for anything. You're my sister, don't forget that.", he said in a very soft and caring voice. Tears came up in my eyes;

"I'm just so ashamed because I was pushing every memory away and breaking down permanently and so much happened and I-I just for-"

"Shh...you don't need to be ashamed. I'm proud of you. I'm proud of having such a fighter as my little sister." I didn't reply to that. I had nothing I could reply. "C'mon, let's get a coffee, ok?" I nodded and pulled myself out of the bed. I walked numb to the kitchen, I took numb the mug.

As we were drinking, it was completely quiet. I was too busy with my own thoughts and Tommy probably too.

"Why aren't you mad at me? Why do you let me sleep here, try to talk to me? Why don't you scream at me, or hell knows..." I suddenly asked out of nowhere. He seemed to be surprised by my question.

"Why should I be mad at you? For what? For trying to push the memory of the accident that tore us apart and destroyed your childhood away? For having bigger problems?", he stood up and came over to me. "I missed you so much. The only thing I had was hope. The hope that you're ok, that you're alive. I don't care what you were doing to push all the bad memories away. But I care about that what's going on now. I understand that it was too much for you yesterday. And I'm sorry for everything I did wrong. But I want to know that you are alright. I want you back in my life." He took another break. "I made yesterday the decision that I'm gonna move to California. I wanna meet your new family. And if you're ok with it, I want to become a part of it. Not because I like Green Day, but because I know what it means to you. What the whole Green Day family means to you."

"Do you really-"

"Yes.", he cut me off. "I really want to. Y'know, I'm not happy about what you did to your body. But I don't want to be part of the reason why you're still doing it. I saw the fresher cuts."

"I-"

"Don't. You don't have to talk yourself out. I understand it. Really. And I don't blame you." He cut me off again. "My girlfried too had certain struggles in life. I don't blame anyone for the way they try to forget their problems." I got up and hugged him. I had nothing else to say.

Until Tory came, we talked a lot about our pasts. It was a really deep, but also amusing conversation.

*Billie's POV*

In the middle of the night, suddenly my phone started to vibrate.

< Hey Billie! :) Hope I didn't wake you up, but if I did, I'm sorry! Just wanted to say that I'll be back tomorrow - and I bring someone who'd like to meet the family (and I think you'd like to meet him too) ;) Greet everyone from me!

Greetings from Austria, Liz! :*

> Happy you'll be back! See you tomorrow!

I sent everyone the message Liz sent me and got back to sleep. I was really curious how her brother is like...