Chapter 21

"Guys! We gotta get to the studio! Now!" I burst into the room and we left school even before the teacher was able to open his mouth to say something.

"Thanks for pulling us outta here." Ryan thanked me. I just smiled.

*(still) Liz' POV*

We arrived at the studio as fast as possible. Jim showed us the download-stats of both songs - Shooting Star and Memories. They were really exploding.

"Guys, we've got a lot of work to do." I clapped my hands.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you on the phone to come here after school. Billie's not gonna like that..." Jim mumbled the last part. "Don't you wanna go back there?"

"You're fucking kidding, right?" I raised my eyebrows and took my guitar.

During our break, Jim showed us what we already recorded. I couldn't believe it was actually really us.

"We don't sound that good." John pointed towards the speakers. Jim laughed out loud;

"Hell yes, you do."

I leaned back on the sofa. Leaving school after something about five minutes was a good idea. Actually, school never made much sense to me. Yes, I was going there every day. And yes, my grades are good. But grades aren't everything. They don't really show how smart you are.

I'm fucking sixteen and know more about life than every Harvard-student. Fuck grades. Fuck school.

In the afternoon, I left the studio to smoke a cigarette and get some air.

"Hey." Mike greeted me with a hug. Tre lifted me up, but I could tell something was wrong.

"Your school called today." Dad, aka Billie, told me. "You guys left after not even ten minutes. We had a deal." he told me. I started to feel bad.

"I know, Dad-s. But - it's just - it doesn't make sense anymore! It actually never did! I mean, the only thing we think about is the band, the music we made and record." I said. "There's no other option for us six. We're meant to play music. I mean, just look at me! Do I look like I'd make it to university? Maybe. But it's senseless, y'know. I'm not the type to get a lousy job! Hell no! I'm meant to make music!" We six are doing this because it's the only thing we are able to do! It's everything to me! I don't care about fucking maths, science or what-the-hell-do-I-know. I care about my band. About my music." I insisted.

A small smile occurred on Tre's lips.

"That's the Liz I picked up!" he exclaimed.

"Are you sure about dropping out of school?" Billie asked me. I nodded my head energetically. "Y'know, I'm not happy about it. I'm really not. But it's no secret you need this music. But -" he raised his finger "if the band thing won't work - which probably isn't going to be the case - you're going back to school." he said. I hugged him.

*Billie's POV*

Of course, I'm proud of my 'daughter'. But I didn't like the fact of her turning into a high-school-dropout like me. Well, Sleeveless Dogs are talented. But still...

"How the fuck can you allow that?!" Mike exclaimed angry after Liz left. We were still on the parking lot. "You know, to her, Tre and I are still her Dad. And I don't like that! I mean, what if their record won't sell so good?! What if they break apart?! What of their next record won't be so good?! Billie Joe, did you even think about it?! I thi-" Tre put his hand onto Mike's shoulder to cut him off.

"Mike, calm down. They're talented. And Liz would never let them go. Or they Liz. Be proud of her. Because I am. I'm proud she's sharing her music, her feelings, instead of cutting herself."