Chapter 10

Even though I felt happy, I knew deep down that there would be something that could destroy this happiness, this infinite feeling.

But I'd've never thought that it could happen so fast..

*(still) Liz' POV*

Why do such things keep always happening to me? The rain was pouring down on me and was wet to bone. But I didn't care. I didn't care about wet clothes. I didn't care about the makeup running down my face, mixed with the rain and my tears.

__ a few hours earlier__

The next morning I woke up, I first didn't know where I was. Then I realized I was laying on the floor at the living room, Abbey to my left and Joey to my right. I checked my phone. It said 9:34 a.m.

Ok, no school for today. I can live with it.

I stood up and made way over to the kitchen to find there Billie, Mike, Tre and Tommy talking. I took a mug made myself a coffee, lighting a cigarette.

"Morning." I mumbled. "What the fuck happened yesterday night?"

"Check your phone. Maybe you have some pics. We four found some..." Tre said. He too seemed hungover. The only one who seemed like he stayed sober last night was Billie. And I was happy about that. I pulled out my phone again and checked my gallery. I found a lot of photos of Tre throwing water at others and Tommy and Billie talking like they were some politicians and a talk-show. Well, the tattoos and clothes didn't really fit, but something like that. And a lot of screen-shots from Skype from Tory. I showed the photo of Tre throwing water at Abbey and Joey. I was taken exactly then, when the water hit the two.

"Oh god, not again..." Mike mumbled. I called Tory and put her on speakers.

T: Hello?

L: Were you sober last night?

T: Unfortunately, yes.

Tre: Why unfortunately?

T: Because you guys have a pretty interesting way of partying. Oh, and Liz, you should be happy you phone's still working - Tre also threw water at 'me'

L: Ok...I don't remember anything, but yes...

T: Well, anyways, I've got to go. I need to catch a plane.

L: Where to? And what about school?

T: Well, I am having a job interview - in the U.S. And if I get the job, we'll be practically neighbours!

L: That's fantastic! Wait, what about your boyfriend?

T: He's a dick. I'll tell you when I'm there. My plane arrives something about nine or ten p.m. May I crush one night on your couch? I kinda missed it to set up a meeting with the woman who sells the flats. But I'll do that when I'm there. See you!

"Ok, that was interesting..." Billie mumbled.

At 11 a.m. everyone was up.

"How 'bout breakfast guys?" Tre asked and started to look through the shelves.

"Tre. We all love you, but let me do the cooking, ok?" Mike said. Sad, he went over to me. I patted him onto the shoulder.

During breakfast, we all tried to reconstruct the night and decided to never loose a single word about that. At 13 p.m. everyone except Billie, Mike, Tre, Adie, Jake and Joey was gone.

"I'll go and get changed." I mumbled. I took a very quick shower and put on some fresh clothes. I heard them all talking in the kitchen, but when I came down, everyone got quiet.