Chapter 23

I was able to see the hate when she talked about Lara's father.

*Liz' POV*

A few minutes later we were on our way to the police station, Dad driving. I was being hit by my adoptive mother for five years. Lara more than ten. I never met her father, but I already hated him from the deepest of my heart.

Dad pulled up at the police station. I didn't like them - I got arrested a few times back in Austria because I was accused of having drugs with me, stealing and so on. Mum went in with me.

"Hello, my name is Adrienne Armstrong and I'd like to report a child abuse." she said, smiling a bit. The cop put away his pen and gave Mum a stupid look. Then me.

"On your on child?"

"No, dear god, no. On a friend of my daughter." Mum put her hand onto my shoulder. I felt uncomfortable. I hated police stations.

"My name's Lisa Jones-Armstrong. My friend, Lara Wonder, has been abused by her father and his friends since she's been a little schoolgirl." I didn't know what I was saying. There were a hundred thoughts in German and English language in my head. The cop eyed me exactly.

"You're that girl from the radio, right?" he said. I rolled my eyes in anger. Are you fucking kidding me?! I'm telling you about a girl who's been abused almost her whole life and you're talking about the fucking band?! Of course, I didn't say that out loud. "Please follow me." the cop led Mum and me into a recording room and I told them what I knew.

"Why are you so sure she's been abused for such a long time?" another cop, a young female, asked me. They both didn't look like they would believe me. I couldn't believe me.

"She told me. I saw what this monster did to her. I saw the way she acted. I know how she feels." I spit out the sentences and calmed a bit down. "Look, I've been abused back in Austria, where I used to live before I got adopted, for five years. I know the pain she feels, the fear she has and the acting she does. And I'm sorry I didn't bring her with me, but I thought pulling her out of this hell first and let her get at least a peaceful night was more important." my voice turned back to angry again. "All I'm asking for is you to lock this monster away. Because the woman who did it to me  wasn't. And I'm still anxious to go back to Austria, to actually face my old life. And I don't my best friend to live with this fear for so long." I almost plead. "So please, please help me to keep her away from that asshole of father." I asked.

I really was scared to about Austria. And I didn't want to have Lara live with the fear of entering the neighbourhood.

The next hour we needed to do all the paperwork.

"You did the right thing." Dad hugged me in the car. Mum gave me a smile. But I was wondering about something completely different. If Tory knew back then, would she have done the same thing? Should I have told somebody about the situation of Nate? About my own home?  Could that have changed everything?

After I got comfortable in bed and swallowed my pills, I called Tre. I needed him to talk. And I didn't want to pull Billie out of bed.

"Lassie!!" he screamed.

"Hey, Dad." I said.

"Something's wrong?" I heard the sudden worry in his voice. I told him what happened today.

"I'm just scared, Tre. I mean, I know she won't come over here, but I'm still having nightmares. I don't know why it all is coming back, but it's just scaring the living shit out of me. And I feel really ashamed about it and I'm so sorry I called you in the middle of the night." I sniffed.

"There's no need to be scared. And do you know why? Because yes, she won't come over here. And because you are Lisa Jones-Armstrong. You're that tough girl I picked up on the beach, and you're keeping care of so many people - don't be ashamed of your own fears. I'm always here for you; even when I'm just on the other end of the line." he said with a voice that always calmed me down.

"Joey, do you need your car today?" I asked the next morning (well, it was noon). 

"Noo, don't leave us!" Max clinched to my foot. I honestly wasn't in the mood for things like that, but I played it off.

"I'll be back in two or three hours, alright?" I smiled and freed myself from Max' grip. I wanted to check on Lara and the others.

I found the whole band in the house.

"How is she doing?" I asked Emma. Lara was in the bathroom.

"Well, better. How did it go yesterday?"

"The stupid cop first thought I was the abused child." I rolled my eyes. "Then he honestly started to talk about the radio-thing. They'll arrest him. Anyways, how's moving in doing?" I turned to Ryan. He wasn't really able to answer, rummaging through a box full of cables, searching for his laptop. Abbey and I helped Ryan and Lara getting settled a bit, until I had to head back home to make the guys happy with my appearance.

"I'm back!" I screamed as I entered the house. It was quiet as hell. Only dad was sitting on the couch. Jake too should be already home. I got myself a coke out of the fridge, but let the can drop as soon five immature boys came screaming out of nowhere. "Guys, honestly, what's wrong with you people?!" I screamed, laughing a bit and shaking my head.

We had a lot of fun, laughing and playing together until late night.

"How 'bout Emily's Army records a song together with Sleeveless Dogs?" Jake said, as the only 'child' of the family who wasn't in a band. Travis and I exchanged looks.

"Well, we, Sleeveless Dogs, were asked to play three songs live on some small music show. Y'know, no big deal. It's in two days."

"Call the rest of the band! We gotta write a song!" Cole screamed. I sighted, smiling. Poor Mum and Dad.

"As great as this song is, we can't put it onto the record anymore. The release is on the same day as the show." Abbey said. The music room was really full. We wrote the song for our fans (Emily's Army and Sleeveless Dogs) and had actually a lot of fun - Lara also seemed to have a bit of fun.

"Yeah - but we can put it onto our next record and you'll make a single-CD." Joey pointed with his drumsticks around (and accidentally threw one at John).  

"Who ever said there will be a single-CD?" John threw the drumstick back.

"You guys are a sensation - a single in the top 10, a second one making it's way there, magazines fighting for interviews, live TV-requests - they won't save money on you." Travis gave me a bro-hug, but I thought about it a bit...

________

(A/N: Hey guys! :3 First day of school today - i hate my schedule .___. Sorry for the short chapters...Love you and wish you all a good night/day ^.^)