Chapter 24

"You guys are a sensation - a single in the top 10, a second one making it's way there, magazines fighting for interviews, live TV-requests - they won't save money on you." Travis gave me a bro-hug, but I thought about it a bit...

*Jake's POV*

The fact my big brother was in a more or less popular band mae people (especially at school) go crazy. (But that was also the fact we're the kids of Green Day's lead singer)

The fact Dad came back with a unknown girl, labeled as 'the girl who sang really great with Green Day in London, made people everywhere go more crazy. Joey got a younger sister, I got an older sister, who wasn't a popular kid at school (I'm too not really) - but she and her friends were bullied by Emily. And Liz not for the first time.

But the fact that she lost her best friend just a month ago and is fighting with life, makes Joey and me go crazy - crazy because we're fearing that we might loose our sister, who be both been wondering about when Dad brought her home the first time.

Liz drove me the next morning to school again. After she got her coffee, she drove so fast I started to fear I wouldn't make it to school alive.

"See you." she said, turning the radio on and driving away.

"How the hell you're still alive?" Dean, one of my friends greeted me. I shrugged, sighting.

"What did your parents say about her leaving school? I thought Joey too had to graduate first, right?" Annie, a girl of our little group (and the only one) asked. She was probably the most mature one of us four.

"We had a little fight. Uncle Mike screamed at Dad at the studio, Mum screamed at Dad until Liz said the right thing." I sighted again. Liz was breaking several records; getting expelled (2nd day of school), getting beaten-up (2nd week of school), getting most detention, ans so on and so on.

"But they're great. You should be proud of your sister." Dave, the 3rd (and last) guy of our group smiled. "I really love that song, uhm, Memories. 'Every sip I take, every..." he sung. "Does she have a boyfriend?" he smiled towards me. I gave him a stab into the ribs with my elbow.

After school, we decided to hang out at ours.

"Hey guys." Liz greeted us. "You don't mind if we make a little stop at the coffee shop, ríght?" we shook our heads no and got into the car, which she took from Dad.

She's just two weeks older than me, and yet she seems to be so grown up...

*Liz' POV*

I really needed some caffeine. We've been writing and rehearsing our song almost the whole night. and the rest of it I couldn't really sleep. I had nightmares about all different things in life..

"Why were you a junior? You're just two weeks older than Jake." Annie, a smart, blonde girl I really liked, asked from the seat next to me.

"They sent me a year too early to school back in Austria." I took a small look at her. "If they only knew I'd turn into a dropout..." I smirked as I pulled up at the small parking lot. "Anyone else wants something?"

"Yeah, me." Annie got out with me. I was actually dressed pretty usual into a Flogging Molly shirt and black skinnies. I hid my hair under a checked beanie.

"A big cappucino, right?" the girl behind the counter named Nancy smiled towards me. I nodded. "And for you?" she turned to Annie.

"Same, please."

"Could I please get an autograph? Your music gives me really hope. I too grew up at orphanages. And I can't wait for the record to hit the stores." Nancy smiled. I took the bill and a pen;