Chapter 1

After everything what has happened in the past few months, I really enjoyed every single day of my life. Ok, not exactly.

Emily still was a pain in the ass. And my past was also haunting me.

And the worst part is; I dream way more often about the car crash. It brakes me every time and I hate it, but this time I'm not really sure whether my mind is playing tricks on me or not. Why? Because I start to remember a second child in the car. A boy, something about ten years old.

My problem is, that I can't remember any boy in our family. Well, I actually can't remember the most part about the time my parents were alive, because I was five years old when they died.

If this boy isn't just a imagination produced by my brain, and I really do have a brother, then why did they split us apart? He isn't dead, that's for sure, but still; who is he? What's his name? Does he remember me?

Unfortunately, I don't have any family photos of my family. And the only person, the only friend who would know whether I had a brother or not, is now six feet under. Dead.

Sighting, I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the kitchen. Coffee and Cigarettes. I don't need more.

Back in Austria, now I could legally buy cigarettes, because there you may smoke and drink beer at age sixteen. But unfortunately not here in lovely California (Imagine me saying this with a very sarcastic tone).

"Sup," Jake and Joey greeted me, as they entered the kitchen.

"You gonna drive us to school?" I turned to Joey, who already graduated last year.

"Yeah," he answered grumpy and sleepy. "Our lovely Jake tore me out of bed brutally, just because he's too lazy to take the bus," Joey gave Jake a death glare.

"Calm your balls, man," Jake too sat down at the table. "Liz, you're a bad influence. You made him a grumpy-morning-person."

I raised my thumb, being with my thoughts miles away.

At school, my friends (Abbey, John, Lara, Emma, Ryan) kept talking to me all the time, but still, I was sunken in my dreams.

"Earth to Liz! How 'bout we go in? It's February and I don't really need to spend more time outta here," Abbey waved with her hand in front of my face, until I took it away.

Our first lesson today was physics. I always used to hate it, and the fact that Emily was in that class didn't really make it better.

"Damn, I'm starving!" Lara said when we all met at lunch again. My phone vibrated in my pocket; Tory called from Austria.

T: Hey Liz!

L: Hey. Sup?

T: Nothing. Boredom and so on. Y'know. What about your dreams? Found a clue who that boy is?

I stood up and made my way out of the hall. it wouldn't really be a problem if Tory and I would talk in German, but we didn't. We never do.

And I didn't want to bother the others about that.

L: Nothing. I still don't know who he is. I think I'll pay Molly, you know, that Doctor who was a friend of my parents, a visit. But I really want to know who he is. I remember that kid as a ten years old boy...

T: I know a few people around town, you know. I could ask around.

L: That'd be nice. Call me tomorrow. Gotta go again.

"Hey, Liz, we just wondered about hanging out at Ryan's this weekend. We'd meet in the evening at his. You think Billie and Adie would let you go?" Abbey turned to me.

"Probably. But I need to get some things done first. See you in the evening."

With that, I left the school. Well, actually I would have one more hour of arts, but the teacher doesn't care about me coming or not, because my work is already done and now at the art gallery of Abbey's mum.

"Liz!" Jake came running towards me. "Where to?"

"Molly. Why?"

"Don't you have arts?"

"Jake, you know exactly that I don't have to show up there. Why are you asking after all? Told you Billie to keep an eye on me?"

"No. Just asking."

"Oh, and I'll probably stay the weekend at Ryan's. But I'll call at home anyways."

"K. See you."

After talking to Billie on the phone, I light up a cigarette and made my way over to Molly, whose flat wasn't far away.

To be honest, I don't know whether she's working today or not.

I rang the bell once.

To my luck, I heard steps behind the door. A young, smiling woman with ginger hair opened the door.

"Lisa! Nice to see you! Come in.", we hugged hello and sat down on the couch in the living room.

"How are you?", I asked her.

"Fine, thanks for asking. And you?"

"Well, I'm alive. Molly, I've got a question," my smile vanished. She stood up and gave me a coke. "Thanks."

"Well, go on," she took a seat on the armchair opposite of me.

"Have you still got my parent's last will?"

Her smile vanished too.

"Well, Liz, I don't have it. I never had, because there wasn't one. I'm just something in the way of a godmother. Why are you asking?"

"I need to know if I have a brother," I answered, taking a small sip of the coke.

"A brother?" her voice sounded confused. "How come you suddenly think you have a brother?"

"Because I remember. I remember more and more details of the car crash. A young boy, probably something about the age of ten. I don't know what to think and I don't know why I forgot him. And that's why I need to know it," I made a small pause. "Do I have a brother?"