The camp

'Father!!!'

(Soondeok gets down from her horse, her father runs out of his tent, astonished to see his daughter)

'Soondeok? Soondeok, is that you?'

'Daddy! I...I...'

(Soondeok's panting, her father quickly holds her)

'Daughter, you alright?'

'I'm fine. Dad, I've got something to tell you...alone...'

'Yes yes yes, of course darling. Here, come in. It's cold out here.'

(Inside)

'Daughter, did something happen? The prince, where's he?'

'He's with her.'

'Her?'

(Soondeok gives her father the letter)

'His royal highness and I were walking in the mountains one day-'

(Soondeok stops, trying to catch her breath)

'And then we found an old lady unconscious. That lady...that woman...was carrying around this letter...I think she's one of your spies.'

'Spies? I ain't got no old ladies as my spy, I ain't that mean you know. Making an old lady do something as dangerous as that.'

'But she's got to be! I mean...'

'Deok ah, you sure?'

'Read this yourself dad.'

(Her father quickly reads the letter, his eyes widens)

'How's she? How's she now?!'

'Alive...hopefully. The prince is taking care of her. She's pretty weak actually, not even certain she'll make it...'

'Well I hope she does! You did well, Soondeok ah, you did very well. I'll go and meet her myself...So did you come just for this?'

'Yes, it took me longer than I thought...travelling in winter is not the best idea but...sorry about that dad.'

'No no no, you did great darling. We'll leave at dawn tomorrow, have some rest tonight.'

'Dad, will you be coming with me?'

'Of course! Me and some other men will, she needs our protection.'

'If that's the case, let's leave now! Why wait?'

'You need to rest, Soondeok ah. Besides, I need to settle things down here as well, I can't just vanish like that. Did you forget your old man is a grand general, hm?'

'Oh right...Alright...But dad, who's she?'

(Silence)

'Soondeok ah, wanna ride with me?'

'What? Now?'

'If you're tired then-'

'No, I'm fine dad! It's been a long time anyway. You know, just me and you, riding...it'll be fun.'

'Good, wait for me in the stable, I'll be right there.'

---------------------------

(Soondeok and her dad in the middle of a field, alone, on their horses)

'My little girl, when's the last time we rode together, hm? I can't quite remember.'

'Quite a long time...not since I got married I suppose...'

'Ahh...yes. So how's that boy? Is he doing well?'