Chapter 9|Bold

Song of the day: Yes/No by Banky W

Dedicated to: KubraMundi

Quote: Yes, we can!

||||

Holiday, is one of my favorite word in the English dictionary as opposed to resumption, a highly disliked word.

Okay,  I don't hate resumption that much, but damn.

So, I am currently in my room, circling dates. The idea, is to aware of the activities that going to occur in the week to come. And with the look of things, I am just seven days away from senior secondary two.

Yeah, yeah. I am going to be an official senior. Before we went on break for senior secondary one, we had to fill a form, where we state the class we will be taking further (that is, art or science or commercial) and solid reasons why (emphasis on the solid reason).

I ticked science, though I had quite a liking for art subjects. It was quite a decision to make, since I had to weigh my preference of the subjects involved in both art and science class.

~

When the clock struck five, I went downstairs, to remind mom of our dinner arrangements.

She was seated on one of the seaters in the living room, she had quite a liking for that one. Her feet was on the stool in front of the seater, her attention on the wide plasma television a few  meters away from her.

I jumped into the seater, and ended up hurting my butt. "Mom" I screamed with anguish.

"Aramide" She called with a stern look, completely ignoring the fact that I was holding my butt with a pained look. She hated it, when I jumped into the seater.

It was the first, in my list of unladylike attributes.

"You told me, to come downstairs by five".

She looked at time on her wristwatch, "Really".

"Of course" I pouted "How are we going to make the fruit punch and dinner".

She frowned, "I thought we agreed on beans for dinner".

"No" I reaffirmed loudly. 

She was shaking her head slowly, and my gaze traveled to the television. I frowned.

"Mom, you don't want to stop watching the television".

Her face lit up with a smile, she turned in my direction, "We are going to make the fruit punch another time, maybe tomorrow, but I need to finish this movie, I like it".

I folded my arms, and glared at the television. "Am not interested in fruit punch, whether today or tomorrow".

||||

I was actually pissed off. She has been postponing this fruit punch, for as long as I could remember. And, I was excited about, me and her making the fruit punch.

After I told, about my disinterest in making the fruit punch, I went in to my room, and in no time, slept off.

When I woke up, it was eight in the night. I got up from my bed, and went downstairs. The whole place was enveloped in darkness. I turned on the light and went in to the kitchen.

I did not bother to open the fridge for whatever mom might have cooked for dinner. I already had something in mind. Instant noodles.

I opened the faucet, and placed the pot under it. Then, I turned the gas and placed the pot on it.
I went in search of noodles. My favorite brand of noodles, is Indomie.

I got some already diced carrot and green peas from the fridge, which I poured into the pot, I grated pepper and a bulb of onion, then I added everything together with the noodles.

It was ready in no time, I grated another batch of pepper which I used for frying egg. Then I turned off the gas.

I went upstairs, with my food, and decided to binge watch some Korean movies. The problem was, I had too many movies to watch I had no idea where to start from.
I ended up watching, an old drama, The descendants of the sun.

I was really tired by time I finished it, but It made my happy. I loved the chemistry between the second leads, even more than the first leads or main character.

My day wasn't really exciting.

Sidelines

Hey 👋

This chapter is little bit shorter than the rest.

Have you tried making a fruit punch, do you still remember the ingredients you used, or the kinds and number of fruits you used?

Unfortunately, Aramide was unable to make hers 😩😩😩

A

ramide: Comment Science 💚,

Or Art 💛,

Or Commercial 💜, if you offer/offered any one of the three.

Don't forget to hit that star button 🌟🌟🌟

And share!!!!

Thank you!!!!