Chapter 11|Adjust

•••••
Song of the day : Unconditionally by katy perry

Dedicated to: MysteriousInGrey

Quote: "Did I get too close, did I almost see what's really on the inside?"
•••••

||||

Today, as I  walked in to school, I took a moment to realize how far I had come, and how great it has been. I was thankful to my parents, for their quick thinking  and timely intervention.

It is true, very true, that you can't heal in the same environment that broke you. Its true, for everyone irrespective of the ordeal they went through.

Something strange occurred today, I had woken up very early, trying to recap what i had read before going to sleep and my mind had drifted to Evelyn and the rest of our friends, or better still her minions.

Its been a long time since I thought of her or anyone related to the incident, I couldn't give a reason why. But I was happy, that I continued with my life and didn't allow her negativity get to me.

Sadly, we were best friends, in fact best friends forever, we had planned how our senior school year will be, of the class we would fall into, how we would finish secondary, and enter the same university with ease. The list went on, and on, of the things we would do and the persons we would gradually become.

It was untill I cleaned a few drops from my notebook, before I realized that, I was crying.

I cleaned my eyes, and shook my head, I and Evelyn, had chosen different paths, there was no need to reminisce. I had alot to cover, before my exams.

~

The exam I wrote today, was fairly okay. I sat under a shade outside the school, I was awaiting for Jessie and habiba.

I could tell from Jessie's face that the exam was not as she planned and I could also tell that habiba was waiting to explode like a bomb. 

When they reached, where I sat, I asked them immediately, "How was it?".

"It was great" habiba pulled me into a tight hug, "I never knew, my commerce teacher was this nice".

"That's what you always say, if the exam is nice".

"What about-".

"It wasn't all that great" Jessie chimed, "but I think I'll get an average mark".

"Its going to okay" I hugged the both of them, "no need to turn sour, tomorrow is our last paper".

We pulled apart.

"No, mide" Habiba corrected, "tomorrow is our last day, in senior secondary two".

I gave her a high five, she walked away as soon as elder brother's car came into sight. After a thousand hand wave and goodbyes, myself and Jessie began the long walk home.

||||

Today is another day, it is the end of a class and the beginning of another. I could hardly believe, I was done with Senior secondary two.

I finished my last paper, some minutes ago, my last paper was technical drawing and it was awesome. I saw some of my classmates, some of them I waved at, while I joined other in our endless talk of how senior secondary two was, and how we were relieved that it has come to an end.