Chapter 41|Miss Adams

••••
Song: Without me by Halsey

Quote: "To be a people pleaser is to place your future in someone else's hands".
••••

Evelyn Adams.

To say I was surprised, is an understatement. I saw her strut to our position, in shiny blue pumps. Then she signalled with her palms, and the one of the two men that accompanied her, brought a wooden chair for her to sit on.

She crossed her legs. Turning to the two heavily armed men in room, she clapped with glee.

"Look who we have here!" She paused for dramatic effect and started clapping. "Aramide Williams!".

I shook my head, and my gaze fell on Jason who was thrashing with his tied arms and leg. He was making a buzzing sound, due to the tap on his mouth. I watched one of the men move forward and removed the tape from Jason's mouth, and a string of saliva gushed out.

My gaze locked with Asiwaju, who was writhing with difficulty as he struggled to sat upright against you the wall. Then he boomed with anger. "Miss Adams, the deal was successful and thorough. What is the meaning of this nonsense?".

The same man that untaped Jason, moved close to Asiwaju and was about to deliver a slap when Evelyn halted his action. "Leave him, it is for Aramide that I have called this great occasion".

I thought as much.

"Evelyn Adams" I responded, "What have you come to destroy this time?"

She dragged her chair closer, so we were merely some distance apart, then she glared at Jason who was sobbing lightly. He quickly kept mute.

"With regards to your question Mr Asiwaju, this is not Star inc or PAIGE LTD. You are a brilliant man, its unfortunate that this being ensnared you".

Asiwaju countered her opinion. "She did not ensnare me, miss Adams. I--".

"Shut up!" She barked at him with an irritated look, and when the same man made a motion to slap him, she did not stop him. The sound echoed in the room, and Jason's scream followed.

"Have you always kept trouble, as a family?" She inquired of me, "Because I remember how your father and Mother were".

"Were your parents any different? Always on the look out, to where they can plant misery and trouble".

"Don't bother with her" She warned dismissively at the man, who had taken a new job of delivering slaps. "We have much more in stock for her, and troublesome family".

"I thought you had it your way then, what do you want?".

"Finally, you are asking the right questions" She clapped, "Me too am curious, I thought you left for good, why could you not get your filthy hands off David when we met again".

"David?" I sputtered in confusion. "I see that you haven't changed a bit, always thinking the world revolves round you and david".