chapter 25| 18 and legal

••••
Song: Last Friday night by Katy perry.

Dedicated to: bee_letzTry

Quote: "Be young, be bold, enjoy your life, but always remember to Be.You.Tiful"
••••

I wandered into an arena, where I saw my classmates, mostly boys. I sat with them, over looking so many activities, as some busybody teachers were actively scolding some of our now ex seniors.

I didn't really think much of why the teachers were scolding them, most of them flipped the teachers off, while others nodded repetitively. Their clothes weren't as outrageous as the teachers made them to be.

We'd take turns, making light jokes about everyone, including ourselves. But our laughter and jokes, were centered on wannabes junior, who turned the end of the year party to a clown's party. Some of their dresses, were plain funny and warranted a color review.

Ahmed joined us, myself and Ahmed were not the best of buddies, we tolerated ourselves because of Habiba. Though they weren't official. I felt that ahmed always had something to judge about me, something to complain about.

Jessie had dissipated my claims, she described it as a first impression basis, where I judged everything he did, from our encounter at the c-bend. She further stressed that, we were both doing the same thing to each other, judging and complaining.

I was willing to put everything aside for Habiba's sake. I complimented him on his outfit, it was the truth, he was dressed nicely and returned my gestures. Soon we were discussing about random things, then Habiba and Jessie found us.

"Is that Aramide and Ahmed, I am seeing" Jessie dramatically introduced herself, "and this hall has not been torn apart". I I told her to shut up.

Habiba and Jessie made their way round, greeting everybody and compliment every little details.

My friends did not come to the party badly dressed. Jessie was wearing a blue strapless gown with the nude heels I complained about when she wanted to pair it with my gown. She was wearing light make up, and it was nicely done. Who was I kidding, she was a good make-up artiste. Her shoulders were highlighted with a shiny necklace, she had simply gelled her hair.

Habiba, always the minimalistic person, wore a long flowing gown, that had some floral pattern around the neck. The gown didn't hug all her features. Her height and long black hair, which she gelled at the sides and plaited into two reached the back of her shoulders, brought a distinct appeal to her. She looked graceful in the gown.

We moved to another corner, and mused over how we would be doing this the same time next year, but by then we would be out of senior secondary school.

Jessie could wait any longer, we all had been invited to snr chinedu's party. The party was for our outgoing seniors, but we as the new senior students had a free pass of attendance. Jessie wanted to see the senior boys of other schools that were invited and I wanted to go there with Asiwaju.

I hadn't seen him, since i arrived at the party. "Jessie did you see the way, Ahmed took his time, staring at habiba?"

"Really?" Habiba perked up, a dazzling smile on her face.

"Really?" Jessie mimicked her actions. Habiba scoffed at her turning to stare at ahmed, who was already staring at her.

"He'd better ask her out today" Jessie warned. It wasn't long that we left the school's party and arrived at snr chinedu's party. It was a pool party, I wasn't even aware of it. Some were in the pool, another set was dancing wildly to the different mix of songs that blared from the speakers.

Another group, were the admins of making out, while others were going around smacking lips and drinking from plastic cups. I knew that some selected few, would be elsewhere experimenting, as pungent smell hit my nostrils.

My friends and i, were paddling through the sea of human beings present at the party. This was one of the many definition of a real party. This is, a glimpse of snr chinedu's kind of parties.

||||

It wasn't hard spotting Asiwaju. I was sitting close to a bar, declining invitations for numerous things, and I saw, casually dressed holding a red plastic cup and laughing loudly.

Jessie was nowhere to be found, probably making out with a hot boy. Habiba was outside with Ahmed.

Asiwaju turned and our eyes met, I frowned. He was walking towards me when senior Amara appeared out of nowhere and stopped him. They stood talking, and senior Amara turned to me, and flashed a coy smile at me, making a pleading sign. I nodded.

If my reaction, had been any different from a nod, it wouldn't have stopped her. They moved to the dance floor. I ought to look away, my stomach was in a knot, but I just couldn't.

They were dancing and senior Amara was laughing, and staying longer than necessary. I took another sip of my drink, when she finally pulled away, she shot him a wink and sashayed in her million high heals. I didn't realize that I my drink was spilling until Asiwaju came, asked for a towel and started cleaning. The plastic cup was thrown away, it was badly crushed. He returned the towel.

"Someone looks ready to kill" He dragged another bar stool and sat on it. I muttered under my breath, and turned away from him.

"Am sorry I know I promised we will come here together, I had to come here and test a few equipments, I decided to stay with the knowledge that you'd come here" He ordered for another drink, poured some of it inside another cup and placed it in my front.

I shifted the small table with the cup away from me.

"Mide," He called fondly, with a sigh "I am sorry".

"Mide," He grabbed my hands after a heated silence. "I don't even know why you are pissed off now".

My frown deepened, I withdrew my hands from his grasp.

"Wrong choice of words" He raised his hands in mock surrender "I am sorry".

"Why do you keep apologizing, if you claim not to know what you have done?"

"Because I want to get this frown off" He tweaked my forehead, "Tell my queen she looks wonderful tonight and make her smile".

"No need to make me smile, senior Amara gave my a reason to".

He chuckled, "Aramide, she just wanted me and her to dance, nothing more".

"Did I suggest otherwise, when you both stayed till eternity laughing at whatever".

"I am sorry" he grabbed my hands again, "no more dances".

We hadn't even concluded, when senior Amara walked to us, claiming she needed to borrow Asiwaju urgently. I was about to nod my displeasure when Asiwaju refused. Her shoulders dropped and she stormed away.

I grinned at him, and he helped me to my feet, muttering about how he will never understand girls.

Before we entered a wide and beautiful room, he grabbed a plastic cup from a friend, claiming it was his and downed the entire content. We entered the room and closed the door. There were many things we talked about, mostly about ourselves and our plans.

We fell on the bed, kissing.