Chapter 2|Gone with the wind

• • • •
"Gone with the wind"

Song of the day:7years by Lucas graham

Dedicated to HappinessExpiresToo
• • • •

Evelyn was supposed to be reading this letter. But, I never found enough strength to knock on the yellow brown gate of her house. Never, found the right steps to walk to where she sat in class. And I couldn't bring my self to open her green locker, -it knew too much and held so much.

With a little squeeze, I crumpled the jotter, and waited for a time when, the speed of the car alternated slightly before throwing it (so the high wind wouldn't fling it back to my face), via the window.

I shrunk further into my seat, it was the only way, I could rest back against the seat. I was lucky to have gotten the back seat, I was getting enough ventilation from the window by my mom's side and one from the seat before ours.

It was also my luck, that we were just three at the back, if we were seated in line with the desires of the bus driver, we'd probably be twenty five persons, in an eighteen seater bus.

Our third companion, at the backseat was a fairly tall girl with fiery red Bob (I never knew that anyone could fix or wear a colour as bright as hers).  The red Bob, In no plain terms, fought with her light skinned complexion, but she was a pretty girl. That was her saving grace. She was also typing noisily, into her phone. Between her noisy typing and my mom's snoring, I genuinely weighed my possibility of finding sleep.

||||

I woke up from the jostling by my side. It was the girl with the fiery hairstyle, She hovered over me (she was standing, not fully, since she was tall and therefore had to bend inline with the height of the bus)  a distasteful expression clouded her face, she saying something but I couldn't make any sense of it, with enough struggle she pushed my legs aside and stepped out the bus.

With the noise and jostling, I realized that we had arrived at our destination. I formed weak fist with my hands and rubbed lightly against my eye. I was the last person to come down from the bus.

The place was dark, not thick dark, but I could tell it was past six. The source of illuminations, present were from mobile phones of other passengers and the stars that were appearing gradually. 

We had no issue, finding our luggage. Who could possibly misplace three giant neon green boxes?

"I was just wary of losing our luggages" Mom was saying, she had taken up a role beside the driver and bus conductor to inspect all the luggage.

"If I had left it to you, our champion sleep, I doubt if we will get our luggages complete"

"Mom" I groaned.

"What" she was laughing, "you slept for seven hours straight".

Do you believe that?

*
Spotting dad, was like adding zero to one, too easy. He was at the other side of the road, cladded in a green vest and white short knickers, his arms were folded and he reclined against his black Benz.  I tapped mom on the shoulders, her eyes were roaming the whole park, I was wondering why she did not see him. She turned and I pointed at dad who was waiting across the road.

We sorted our luggage, mom and I carried one box each and shared the burden of carrying the third. My eyes trailed the vehicles on the road like predator waiting to pounce on its prey, in reality I was actually waiting for a point where the road will be slightly empty and I could safely cross the road.
And, with the look of things, I was going to stand for long.