chapter 26|boys

••••
Song: Air by Shawn mendes ft Astrid.

Dedicated to: FlowersAndBTS

Quote: "Time decides who we meet in life, our hearts decides who we want in life, and our behavior decides who stays in our life."
••••

The end of the year party was last I attended in STAR ACADEMY and snr chinedu's party was the best since I started senior secondary school.

The night ended in bliss. We are still on holidays, holidays around the end of the year is usually lengthy due to the many festivities and activities in it.

It was about two weeks ago, when I became easily nauseated. I would eat my favorite meals and the next minute, i'd be pouring the whole content in the toilet.

I felt weak generally, and my temperature was high. I did not dare inform my mother. Mrs Tiwaloluwa Williams would dismember me.

I knew the symptoms, it was malaria. If only mosquitoes knew how much I hated them. I couldn't tell my mom, she was always insistent on me using mosquito net. But I hated them, they brought heat to my body and I felt irritation whenever I was sleeping in a mosquito net.

On occasions where my mother would enter my room to check if I was sleeping with a net, i'd pretend to be asleep in it. When I was sure, she was in her room, i'd remove the net, and sleep peaceful on my bed. But the mosquitoes in my room had other ideas.

I was drinking water, to assist the malaria drug that I swallowed when my mom entered my room and sat on my bed, she gently felt my forehead. "I think you have a fever, Aramide".

"You said that last week" I threw the empty sachet of water into a bin "I have been taking my drugs, I will be fine".

"You that have been vomiting and running a temperature since, God forbid I won't overlook anything and regret later" She made a wading sign with her hands, she shook her head "and you have been using your net".

"That's why I said, you should stop worrying, I know its malaria, I don't know how mosquitoes entered my net". I lied.

"There is no hole or tear in your net, I washed it yesterday" she paused "tomorrow we are going to the clinic, I don't understand this kind of temperature".

"Can't we just go the pharmacy down the road, why are we going to a hospital".

"Shut up," she commanded, looking at me strangely "Isn't that where I got the drugs you have been using, tomorrow it is".

She stood up from my bed and walked to the door, muttering something about how God will always protect her and her family.

~
The hospital was our regular hospital, Mom claimed that it was clean and they had good doctors here. I once asked her, if there were bad doctors in other hospitals, her reply was a glare.

I could say about this hospital was their service, it was great. The other ones that I had the displeasure of knowing, had nurses who were always irritated. Not withstanding, I hated hospitals, there was a constant smell of drugs and disinfected floors.

Like I said, their service is great, they wasted no time in attending to my mom and I. I was made to run series of test, and were waiting in the doctor's office awaiting laboratory result.