Chapter 40|fourteen

••••
Song: Save by Daya

Quote: You know the truth by the way it feels.
••••

Don't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟

Asiwaju tried to talk me out of it, but my mind was made up. I was leaving PAIGE LTD. It is also important to note that, PAIGE LTD and Star inc successfully completed the project and like he promised it, they named the project after Asiwaju.

The day, I went back to PAIGE LTD, made it two weeks since my encounter with Pamela and the first time I was resuming work after that day.

I didn't particularly resume work that day, no, I stepped into PAIGE LTD to clear my former office of my personal effects. Then I went to Mr Phil's office to hand in my resignation letter.

I stepped in to the office with my letter in hand and a wary smile. I didn't know how he will take my resignation, but I knew one thing was sure, he would be heavily disappointed.

His face broke into a sad smile as i sat down and passed the resignation letter to him. He tore it open, and quickly scanned the content. He gave an appreciative nod, when he was through.

"Aramide" He called fondly, and I responded. "Do you remember the first time, you entered my office?".

I nodded. How can I forget? I was a struggling single mother with little or no experience, seeking financial stability and I approached PAIGE LTD with my tongue in my cheeks.

It wasn't even a surprise that they wasted no time in indicating that I wasn't fit to work in a big company like PAIGE LTD. I was already preparing to leave when Mr Phil dangled a two weeks trial at my eyes. I haven't forgotten the memory is still fresh, after three years.

"Who would have thought that, Aramide Williams, would contribute so much to PAIGE LTD?"

Nobody, expect you. I flashed a terse smile.

"Who would have imagined that our fateful meeting that day, would come to such an abrupt and sad end like this?".

I gulped, goosebumps rising on my body. "Nobody, not even me".

He let out a short laugh, and his eyes shone with sadness. "The months leading today has been tough on you and all of us, I am very disappointed on your decision to leave PAIGE LTD and your fight with Pamela".

He stood up and came to me, eyes welling up with tears. "But you are my daughter, and a daughter you will remain".

I couldn't help the tears that flowed from my eyes, after his statement and I stood up and hugged him.

He patted my back, and slowly pulled away. He held me by the shoulders "I guess I won't have anybody, disturbing me, to take a rest and not come to work on so and so date".

We shared a bitter smile, as I wiped furiously at the streams of tears flowing from my eyes.
"You should be happy" I pointed out, before hugging him "Why are you crying".

Our interaction did not end until our eyes were turning red, and we had exhausted our energy at hugging. When I came out of his office, and carried my belongings out, I met Williams. He didn't say a word, as I dumped my stuff into the booth of my car, and informed him on my decision to leave PAIGE LTD.

He simply pulled me into a hug. I was on the brink of crying too as we hugged. How could I ever have imagined that Williams could perpetrate such act?