Chapter 32|Okay

••••
Song: "Do the right thing" by Cobhams asuquo ft Rez

Quote: The kind of man you need, does not exist without God.
••••

After Asiwaju went to pick Jason up from school during closing hours. I made Jollof rice with the tomato sauce and parboiled rice.
They arrived, Jason freshened up, and we gathered in the dining room to eat. It wasn't even a hassle getting Asiwaju to sit and eat, his presence in the house was over twenty four hours.

I don't mean to be a show off, but my Jollof rices, are always crave worthy. Jason took so many helpings, I had to put a stop to it. Asiwaju supported Jason, stating that food is meant to be eaten. I feigned anger, and accused him of been bias with his son.

Jason stopped eating and stared at me, Asiwaju covered that slip up, with a rambunctious laughter. When we were done eating and was clearing the plates, he said this was the first time, since we knew each other, that I cooked and we ate together. I replied that it was nothing and walked away, fighting a smile.

Later when Jason was in his room and soundly asleep, myself and Asiwaju were making a few deductions from the unknown sender and the messages. I suspected nobody. Then we dialed the number, and it went to voicemail. We tried it a second time with Asiwaju's phone and it was switched off. Asiwaju blamed it on network.

||||

I arrived late to the office today, it wasn't every time that I was late to the office. I could even count the number of times, I was late to offfice, but that did not help with the feeling I was getting. Mr Phil will have my head, if Pamela hadn't removed it by then.

It was scheduled that were going to have another meeting today, the arrangement had been made earlier, we just needed a favorable response from the federal ministry of work to kick start the meeting. Due to my absence yesterday, I could not tell whether the response was favourable or not, and one thing I knew for sure, was that the meeting was going to hold, I saw Pamela's text this morning.

I entered the conference room with wary steps and was greeted with an eerie silence. I jammed the door lightly to avoid causing a distraction and walked closer, to the group of people hurdled round a long table, discussing.

Immediately i reached the table, I debated on where to sit, there were a few empty seats which wasn't unusual, but they were open. The truth be told, all the seats surrounding the long table was open.

"Miss Williams, do you want an letter requesting that you take a seat and stop distracting us?".

It was Mr Phil, avoided his eyes and took a seat near Pamela, who fixed a glare at me, as I settled into my seat and turned in her direction. I offered a sheepish smile.

He cleared his throat and continued what he was saying. From the board's reaction and comment on his speech. I was able to confirm my suspicion, that we have been awarded a contract by the ministry of works.

The bone of contention here was, the issue of partnership, the contract is a big one and even if weren't in such a crisis now, we won't be able to complete it, without external assistance.

Mr Jide, stood up and recited a long list of potential companies to partner with it. I frowned, myself and Mr jide's relationship was synonymous to a dog and cat's relationship. His dislike towards me was not concealed. He described me, as a charity case, who is undeserving and incompetent for my position in PAIGE LTD.

I have spent three years, proving him wrong, again and again. I hated his blatant stupid and his unnecessary jealousy. This man was the head of a major department in PAIGE LTD, for goodness sake. But here he is, suggesting that we partner with too many subcompanies, and a company who wasn't making a quarter of the profit, we made in a year.

Mr Phil shot the idea down immediately, and I caught Oge, giving him the once over with her eyes. I agreed with her, how on earth is someone as daft as him, heading a major department?

Mallam Yusuf stood up, I hadn't noticed him since my late arrival. Our relationship is no different from, I and Mr Jide's, but we tolerate each other. He is also the head of a major department, and although he is still an asshole, he's very much suited for his post and can handle Mr jide's department, better than Mr jide. He is a smart man.

So, its not surprising that the companies, he suggested were major companies, who were expanding their territories and ranking high in the stock market.
"FandF enterprises.... Mills enterprises and Star inc"

Star inc?

I silently prayed that they wouldn't consider that option, but my prayers went unanswered.

Mr Phil's expression changed, when he heard the last two options. He mulled, "Mills enterprise and Star inc".

My brain was churning. Mills and Star inc, would be our most favourable and potential companies to partner with. They were major companies, and their turn over each year and stock market ranking, is very impressive.

Both companies appealed to us, with their outstanding qualities. It won't be a problem for us, and partnership with them won't be a hard task. I was sure, they would love the idea of working with PAIGE LTD on a big project like this. The only problem here, is the fact that, we had to pick one out of the two companies. I desperately wanted Mills enterprise.

"Mr Kehlani" Mr Phil drew everyone's attention to Asiwaju, who was making some notes, "Do you support the idea of partnership, and since you are familiar with these companies, which would you suggest as a good partner".

He flashed a smile, and chortled.
"I support the idea of partnership, no company can fully complete this project on its own, I like the fact that PAIGE LTD did not show greed".

He picked the book he was writing on and passed it to Mr Phil. "There is not much, that I don't know about Mills enterprise and Star inc, they are both outstanding companies. I am also at crossroads in deciding, so I think we should vote".

The board accepted the idea of Voting. But it was postponed till the next meeting we would be having in a few days. Mr Phil raised another topic.

I was grateful that Mr Phil or Asiwaju did not make an instant decision. I shared a memo, on our current issue of discussion.

My mind wasn't in the discussion, all I could conjure, was unfavorable turn outs of the postponed voting, in my mind.

Sidelines
Hello,

Hit the vote button 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Towards the end of this chapter, I was feeling that the ending is a bit off, but I don't know.

Here's the big moment, am so sorry for not updating regularly, and part of the blame should go to all this frustrating service provider.

To my awesome readers thank you for your continuous support towards a silver lining.
It is my goal to finish this book before Christmas.

Don't forget to Share and recommend!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!