Chapter 19|Suggestions

••••
Song: Remind me by simi

Quote: "when you talk you are only repeating what you know, but if you listen, you will learn something new".

Dedicated to ____She____
••••

Barely, a minute after he made this statement, he requested for a bottle of water, that Pamela promptly attended to.

"Mr Kehlani" Mr Phil called with slight tremor in his voice, as capped the bottled water in his hands.

"I don't mean to waste your time, but I think its best if we take a break, me especially, I really want to be part of every proceeding in this meeting".

Mr Phil is a perfect mind reader. We did not even plan to have an actual meeting today, and he is firing without rest. This first part of this meeting, was stressful as it was, and starting the second part immediately is not a good idea, even if Asiwaju was thinking in the opposite.

"A break" He repeated, as though that was the only sane thing that Mr Phil said, he took a deep breath "Five minutes?".

Someone snorted, more off made a disgusting response to his suggestion. I doubted, if he understood the whole theory behind take a break.

Mr Jide, one of our senior staff, a light skinned fat man, that rarely offered an appreciation or show of gratitude, spoke. He looked more stressed than tired, he wasn't even as old as he dramatically claimed to be.

"Mr Kehlani" He smiled, it was a wary one, "I think that five minutes is too small".

"Oh, my apologies, how long do you suggest?".

This question was obvious thrown to Mr Jide, but he ignored it, an acted like it was not him, that decried the length of break. Even, if he was saying the mind of others.

"An hour, if it is not too long".

"Okay Mr phil, an hour". He capped, the black marker and placed it on the round table.

~
There was no sign of recognition in his honey brown eyes, as he held my hands, and Mr Phil introduced myself and Pamela to him.

We were still in conference room, Mr Phil, Pamela and Asiwaju, much to my dismay. Mr Phil was resting, in the only way he knew to, by taking small sips from bottled water, constantly massaging his face with an handkerchief and talking business.

He was praising Asiwaju on his sharp thinking and airing his surprise on how he arrived and went straight to business, no dilly-dallying. Whatever, Asiwaju was saying in response, I did not hear.
All I could think of was, how and why Asiwaju did not recognize me.

But ahmed did easily, so why can't he recognize me?

The one hour break came to end, and the conference room was full again. We look on Asiwaju's face, we weren't getting another break, even if we made a bill board because of it.

||||

"Cover more territory, battle with more enemies" he stated with ease, and marked another area, on the white board with the marker "or in this case, more competitors".