Chapter 42|Dear Aramide

••••
Song: Real friends by Camila cabello.

Quote: Life becomes easier when you accept the apology you never got".

This chapter is dedicated to YOU.
••••
D

on't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟

If someone had asked me, I imagined that I would die. I would have replied in an instant, like my grandmother. With a happy and contented smile on my face, after a night of celebration with my kids and grandkids.

I hadn't imagine that I would die in my twenties, in front of my loved ones, and by a gun. I hadn't even imagine that the same Evelyn who ruined my life at fourteen, will be the mastermind behind my death.

She blew a flying kiss at me, and sashayed her way to the door. She gave another set of instructions to her henchmen regarding the quality of our remaining two days, and yanked the door open.

Immediately, I recognized another person in this hell hole. David.

~
He shifted to the side, and an army of armed police men trooped in. Their guns were leveled at the four potential threats in the room.

Evelyn was rooted to the ground. Her hand on the door knob, mouth agape.

"What is the meaning of all this?" She roared at David, when she recovered.

He repeated. "What is the meaning of all this?".

"It doesn't affect you" She shouted, stomping her feet. "So mind your business!"

"Is your business kidnapping innocent citizens?" A police man inquired. He was the only officer, who wasn't point a gun at Evelyn and her henchmen.

"Don't interfere in this" She deign with a command. "I can wipe your name from even the records of the police you hold with so much esteem".

The police man laughed without mirth. He flashed an identity card at her eyes.

"My name is officer Luke, from the district police station and you are under arrest for the kidnapping of Mr Asiwaju Kehlani, Miss Aramide Williams and her son".

She looked away. Flashing a look of disbelief from officer Luke to David. "Tell me, am dreaming, you did not invite the police to come and arrest me for Aramide's sake".

This foolish person.

"You are wrong" David declared, eyes shimmering with hurt. "Eve".

"No, i am right" she screamed at him. "You lied, you said you did not love her".

"No" David stepped forward holding her two hands to calm her hysteria "I loved you, even before I knew what love was, Aramide was never in the picture, I just could not tell you when we were young, I was frustratingly scared of your possible rejection".

She sniffed. "You were eve, the beautiful girl who had a quick wit that i had a crush on".

His gaze landed on me. "Now I don't even know if you are the same person I fell in love with, you are like a hundred shades different from the eve I knew".

He steeled his voice, with fury in his eyes. "We were a trio of happy friends and we both allowed our selfish desire to ruin it. Can't you see how much harm you have caused.