Chapter 31|Growing pains

••••
Song: Growing pains by Alessia Cara.

Quote: If everyone likes you, something is wrong.
••••

Why do I feel like my face is burning?

It was the first thought that crossed my mind as slowly lifted my eye lids and caught the sun rays pouring unto my face through the open window. I sighed and rolled to my side, in a bid to reduce some of the sun's effect.

The sight of my bed lamp, and the wide door of my bathroom, confirmed that I was in my room, and specifically on my bed, covered with a duvet. I didn't remember entering my room yesterday.

I struggled in push my weight off the bed, and relaxing my back against the head rest of my bed. Then the door, pried open.

Asiwaju entered, wearing the same clothes I recognized as the ones he wore yesterday. His lips were twisted in a wavering smile.

He mouthed an hello at me and walked closer to my bed. I wanted to ask him, if he just entered my house, the minute he woke up. He dragged the curtain close. Blocking the sun rays.

"How are you feeling" He asked with a smile and sat on the bed.
"Do you want to eat?".

"I feel okay" My voice was lower than I expected, almost a whisper

"Its good that you are awake, I didn't want to leave you, while you were sleeping".

"I am hungry". He nodded and left the room returning with a tray of unsliced bread and steaming hot tea. There was also a glass of water and aspirin tablet on the tray. He placed them, by my bedside.

"You should take the drug after eating, I will be back soon".

I didn't want to, but I asked anyways. "Where are you going?"

He stood, and placed a pillow on my legs, before placing the tray on it. He tore the wrap off the bread.
"I want to, drop Jason off at school".

"Goodness!" I exclaimed, "Has he taken his bath? What about his food?".

"Calm down" He urged, and sat on the bed again.

"No you don't understand" I was wary of shaking my head, I was still feeling small throbs of pain "What's the time, you don't understand he'll be late to school. I haven't ironed his uniforms".

"Aramide, I said calm down" He continued "This is just some minutes past seven, and I have done all that, I just want to drop him off at school?".

I must be hearing wrong, was my head aching so bad that, I wasn't hearing well?

Then Jason popped in, fully dressed in his school uniforms and holding his school bag, his mouth was stained with bread crumbs.

"Mummy" He shrieked and ran to me, I put my hands to pat on the back, as Asiwaju warned him to not jump on me.

"Mummy" He reported, "Uncle Asiwaju said you have a headache and you are sleeping".

I smiled, "Yes, I just woke up, and look at you all ready for school without my help".

He beamed, "Yes, but uncle Asiwaju assisted me, He boiled noodles for me!".

"That's great" I commented, "Did you tell him thank you?".

"Yes, yes, yes," I yapped, "Uncle Asiwaju slept in my room".

That was news to me, I faced Asiwaju who was spotting a sheepish look. I turned to Jason.

"I hope you didn't push him off the bed," I teased. "And all your School books are in your bag".

He laughed cheekily, "No, I didn't, all my books are in my bag".

I faced Asiwaju, "thank you!".

He stood up, "i'd be back shortly, take your medecine and food".

He grabbed Jason's hand, "let's get your lunch box and go to school".

I didn't even know when they exited the house, but I ate the food and took the medicine, it wasn't long before I fell asleep.

||||

When I woke up the second time. I took my bath and headed to the kitchen with my food tray. The tray clashed to the ground, before I was able to recognize the person standing in my kitchen as Asiwaju.

He turned sharply, and took my appearance in a glance before disposing the mess, I made on the floor. He returned to what he was stirring. "Did I frighten you?".

"Yes, I mean no, I thought I was the only person in the house".

"I am sorry, when I returned I saw that you were still asleep, I didn't want to bother you".

I noticed that, he changed his clothes and was looking freshened up, save for the heat of what he was stirring on his face.

"Thank you for today" It was genuine, I was really grateful for his assistance.

He shrugged, and called it nothing.

"What are you stirring" I peered over his shoulders, and quickly retreated as the heat hit my face "Did you go to the office?".

He stopped stirring and covered the pot, "tomato sauce, I did not go to the office I have nothing to do there".

"I woke up late" I lamented, even though he knew that fact "I had something important to do with Pamela and Mr Phil, and a seminar to attend".

I walked to the living room, and peered at the car park and saw his car parked in my garage.

"Your car is outside" I commented, he did not come to the house yesterday, with his car. "I need to be at the office".

He rubbed his palms against his shorts as he joined me in the living room "Yes, I parked here after dropping Jason off at school with it, Aramide you can't go to the office, you are not well enough".

"I feel better" I argued and it was the truth.

"Aramide" He called with the patience of a person, who is trying to pacify a whiny child. "You don't have to go to the office today, Mr Phil has Pamela, anyone can replace you at the seminar".

"You don't understand" I sat on the sofa, defeated.

"I do," He stated, as he rounded the living room so he was partly bent over on the sofa I was sitting on. "Just take your time today, and try my tomato sauce".

I frowned teasingly, "That peppery thing"

"You did not even taste it" He accused then conceded, "that's the allure".

We walked in to the kitchen. Him, spurning tales of his exceptional cooking skills. Me, with an unconvincing nod, and a laugh of mockery.

Sidelines
Hello,

Don't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟

Its finally out!!!
Do you think that Asiwaju is up to the task??

What brand or type of car, do you fancy at the moment?

Don't forget to show your love in the comment box and share options.

Thank you!!!