Chapter 16| Reunion

••••
Song: "Gonna be somebody" by  Justin bieber

Quote: " Have goals  so big that you get uncomfortable telling small minded people".

Dedicated to flutterhy
••••

"Do I know you?" I took a closer look at him, my anger dissipating.

"You don't know me?" He laughed, and added with a tone of familiarity. "Aramide".

There was no sign of recognition on my part, yet this guy who wore a white 'jalabiya', that looked Igbo, yet had a nice hausa accent, called my name with so much familiarity.

"I am your secondary crush". He laughed.

"Are you trying to play games with me? " I asked, feeling the anger from our earlier encounter rise.

He was staring at me, and he shook his head, a small smile on his face. "You really, cannot recognize me?"

"I thought I had established, that fact".

"My name is Ahmed".

My reply was instant, "I don't know any Ahmed".

"Ahmed Hassan" He continued, with a patient smile.

"I still–".

"Ahmed Hassan, I attended Star–".

"Ahmed!!!" I shrieked, and flew into his waiting arms.

"Oh, so you won't let me talk now?" He playfully asked, and we hugged for a long period.

When I finally, pulled away, I saw sure, I mirrored his expression. A shit eating grin.

~
"Oh my God, that's crazy" I was utterly surprised, "I did not think that people or in most cases parents, still engaged in arranged marriages".

He waved it off, "He is hell bent on his decision, he wants me to marry the daughter of one his rich friends".

"That's just unbelievable, in this age and time, you are not even the first son, that's if my memory serves right".

"You are correct, Fahad married one of his business mogul's daughter, and they seem happy together. Fahad, has always been the quiet and obedient son, and Amira is the same, with an extra  dose of shyness".

I shook my head, "Have you met the girl?".

"Yes, and she's one of the reason I left my family and moved here, she is okay, I don't seek anything from her, but my father has refused to understand".

"Enough of that" I clapped, "What are you doing here in particular, even if you moved here because of your father and the girl, you must be doing something here".

"Yes, of course, I work with Begnin groups of company, one of their branches is located here, I work as an architect. You know Begnin groups, right?''.

I nodded. Of course, I knew Begnin groups, they were awarded the contract of reconstructing one of our branch offices in Asaba, that was a year ago. Their work there,  was absolutely stunning.
(Asaba, is the state capital of Cross river, one of the thirty six states in Nigeria)

"So, what about you, what are doing in this state, what kind work do you do, or you work here, what kind of–"

"Abeg, Ahmed" I shouted in amusement, "How many questions do you want me to answer at once?".