Chapter 15|Dawn

••••
Song: fireworks by Katy Perry

Quote: " the pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity and the optimist sees opportunity in every
difficulty".
••••

Two weeks later.

The executive director, heads of departments, Senior staffs and a few others including myself and Pamela, were all seated in the conference room of PAIGE LTD.

Everybody was present, with the same bated tension, but with a different reason, just like we were two weeks ago. The only striking thing, about this arrangement, would be the fact that, this meeting is on Wednesday, as opposed to the kill joy meeting held two weeks ago, on a Saturday.

The meeting could not start, we were all available except one person.

When we had sent the invite, myself and Pamela, the last time this kind of meeting held, we were lucky to get a favourable response from the economic analyst. The meeting was scheduled, and were expecting him any moment from now.

It was at this moment that Williams walked in. He wore  a bright blue suit, with a blue and white polka dot tie. Williams, was without doubt, a tall person. It didn't make any flaw, with his sun kissed complexion and good looks. Williams, is the most jovial person, I know.

Today, he didn't have his usual jovial look. He had a smile on his face, but that it wasn't as bright as a normal Williams smile. Heck, the William smile I know, would have shone brighter, than the blue suit he was wearing.

"I, apologize for my tardiness" He said, and stood in our front "I regret to inform you, that the analyst we are all expecting, would not be able to join us today. I proposed, that another meeting, be held, in a couple of weeks. Thank you!".

||||

The news, that the analyst, was unable to come, did not seat well with most of us, as we voiced our fears and opinion to Mr Phil. He who, wore his stress more than any one of us. He had asked for time, that we wait and see how the next meeting will be, before making any rash decisions.

My work finished, just as quick as the failed meeting and I hurriedly exited the building. I did not want to miss any opportunity of leaving the office earlier than necessary. This was a golden opportunity, and I should be sued, if I miss it.

I checked the time, Jason's school still had about two hours to their closing time. I wanted to surprise Jason today, by picking him very early and buying that sport shoe he has been singing about.

||||

Finding  an appropriate sport shoe in the classy boutique, wasn't the problem. It was prying my eyes, off a nude heel i had walked past in reaching the children's section and blue body con that screamed my name.

The thing about boutiques and shopping mall, is that you go in to them, with some things in mind and you end up coming out with either the original intent of entering the boutique/shopping mall and a few things or if you are not lucky an entirely different thing.

I was lucky today, that exited the boutique, with Jason's sport shoe, the nude heels, the blue body con, and some other items.

~

I meandered my way to my car, lifting the shopping bags higher than my head sometimes, and flattening my self to pass through some tight positions between two or more cars, in the parking lot.

How did this place get crowded, in such a short time?

I could not even open my car boot, someone had decided to kiss the rear of my car. It was a range rover, a new one, with the way its black colour smiled at the sun.

Frustrated, I dumped the shopping bags, on the top of the boot and waited for the smartest person in the world, the owner of the range rover, that had no ideal place to park, but the rear of my car.

I was still standing outside, fuming when I saw a very tall and light skinned  guy walked briskly to the range rover, and dumped his shopping bag in the booth.

"Mr man" I walked to him.

He turned quickly. He was wearing a long white 'jalabiya'. But, he looked like an Igbo man. "Good afternoon, how may I help you?"

"How can you help me?" I was livid, "You can help me, by telling me why you chose my car of all cars to block".

"Block?  What do you mean madam, you are making a scene".

I eyed him, and pointed at my car.

His expression changed.
"I am so sorry, I was in a hurry and the whole place was jam packed, I parked behind your car because I was in such a hurry, and thought I would come out before you do".

I glared at him, "All this explain, doesn't give an answer to why you  made me wait up to three minutes ".

"Madam, I–".

"Save it, Can you move your car now, I need to get out of this place".

He nodded sharply, and entered his car, he drove backwards a little, before coming out.

What was this guy's problem, did he not understand, my last statement?

"Mr Man, are you dea–".

"Aramide," He called with a deep voice, and certainty.

I stopped, I realized that he just called my name.

How did he know?

"Who... " I began, but he silenced me.

"Aramide Williams".

Sidelines
Hey 👋

😢😢😢😢
Aramide and her co workers, were unable to meet the economic analyst.

Luckily, she got a partial free day!!!
And Jason has new sport shoes!!!!

Who is the annoying guy, that parked behind Aramide's  car.
Share your thoughts with me!!!!

Don't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Thank you!!!!