Chapter 37|David

••••
Song: Bad girlfriend by Anne marie

Quote: Your life is more simpler when you stop explaining and you just do what works for you.
••••

Don't forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟

Two days later, Monday.

We had another meeting today with Star inc. The meeting centered on the financial part of the project, as I took minutes of the meeting along with oge, I was surprised that they were just discussing it now.

We had a short break, and we continued the meeting, this time we contemplated the option of involving a third party like mills enterprises into the project, but that idea was immediately shot down. I wouldn't blame it on the greed between the two companies. I think they were just trying to avoid the participation of too many persons.

Afterall, too many cooks spoil the broth.

~

I returned to my office, which was more like a cubicle than an actual office. But I liked it anyways, it was very private, and there weren't many persons in the room. As of now, I was the only person occupying this space in PAIGE LTD, which enabled me to be able to extend my table, chair and other belongings to other parts of the room.

After the meeting ended, and Mr Phil had a private talk with David, I retired to this place, it is my small haven. It is also important to note that Evelyn was not present in the meeting. I couldn't call it joy or happiness, but I was very pleased to note her absence.

The door creaked open, and in walked the person I least expected, David Gold.

"Mr Gold" I was on my feet within a second, wondering why he was in my office.

He winced at the name, and gently closed the door. "Please sit!"
He urged, and took a seat.

I was short of words, even if he had something important to say, he shouldn't be in my office, he could easily have relayed such important information to Mr Phil, Williams or Pamela.

"I did not come for anything, work related" He declared, fingers drumming the mahogany table, separating us.

The frown, I was concealing from the moment I recognized him from the door, appeared with so much force, that my head ached slightly. "Why are you here?"

"Aramide" He called fondly, and gulped when our gaze locked, he swiftly broke contact, and his fingers drummed the table. He was always bad at confrontation.

"I think, you should leave my office now, Mr Gold".

"Aramide, please listen to me, I am sorry".

"Mr Gold" I warned.

"Hear me out please" He gulped, "I haven't stopped thinking about it, or about you".

"Shut up!" I demanded, "You haven't stopped thinking, but look at you, with Evelyn, you haven't-- just get out!".

"A-Ara--".

"Get out!" I shouted and add virulently, "I don't want anything to do with you or that she devil".

He stood up in an instant, before he could open his mouth to say anything, I cut him off.
"I don't want to hear my name from your lips".

I banged the table, "Get out!".

This time, he compiled and disappeared through the door. I slumped on my chair.

||||

At home, I tried my best to appear cheerful enough for both Asiwaju and Jason. I really could not stand having another issue or argument with Asiwaju. Most especially, when Jason is around and has been walking on rainbows since the revelation of his paternity.

I quickly retired to my room, asking not to be disturbed. I laid haphazardly on the bed after a quick bath, all my hopes of getting a sound sleep was ruined as I reflected on the last message. He doesn't love you.

Right now, I didn't doubt that this person knew about my relationship with Asiwaju. I, also pondered on the other message, that I received concerning my suspension, the person is also aware that I work in PAIGE LTD.

And that's the more reason, why I can't get the idea off my mind, that Williams is the mystery writer. Even though my relationship with Asiwaju wasn't official at the office, I couldn't put it past him.

It can't be Evelyn, I was dishearteningly reunited with her and David, last week. The messages have been coming before we got reunited.

It was definitely not Asiwaju... though i started receiving the messages around the time we got reunited. Can it be him?

I shook my head, it was definitely not him, I reasoned that, he was always around me anytime I got a message, when he could he have possibly gotten enough time to send them to me.

I came to a conclusion, whoever this person is, knows so much about m. This person is toying with me, whoever this person is, he/she is trying to mess up whatever source of joy I have in my life, from planning Jason's accident to this message about Asiwaju.

I wouldn't let that happen. I picked my phone, and sent a message to the person.

"You are weak!"

Sidelines
Hello, my little elfs (ha ha, i was just thinking of a cute Christmas greeting)

Yes, i can't believe aramide said that, oh poor asiwaju his well meaning heart got broken.

Do you think, asiwaju is selfish for his sudden declaration and intentions.

As in the previous chapter, its currently 10:27pm.and its the 24th of December 2018, i am more than excited tomorrow is christmas!!!!!!!!?

Guesss what? Our baby, a silver lining won first place in the awards for the month and i am ecstatic, thank you for the love and support.

I already gushed over it on my message board no need to repeat that here but thanks a trillion.

So from me to you, happy Christmas and happy new year in advance. Even though Christmas is 2 hours away.

I may not be on wattpad tomorrow, because Christmas is for merriement and I can literarily see those freshly scented chicken leg.

See you when I see you, and oh we have reached fifty chapters, hurray!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and don't forget the milk and cookie for Santa claus and his reindeers.

Till next time,
Have a sweet and thrilling Christmas.