Chapter 21|Miss Ann

••••
Song: Lay my love on you by West Life.
.
Quote: "Be soft, but not weak"

Dedicated to Xara07
••••

"Maryland Hospital?" I repeated, I was not possible that I heard her, correctly. Maryland was a high standard hospital, a reason distance from Jason's school.

"Yes ma, please come immediately, we.... no.. The-".

"Why is he-, am coming right away". The call ended.

I turned to Asiwaju, "Asi-- sorry Mr Kehlani, I won't be able to take you to the company's estate as planned" I unfastened my seatbelt, and pushed my phone into my purse. I wasn't sure, he listened to my conversation but I needed to step out of the car, and board a taxi to Maryland hospital.

"That's not a problem, someone you know is in the hospital?".

"Yes, and I have to be there" I pointed at a safe place for parking, by the side of the road. "You can stop here, I will find my way from here".

He didn't stop the car, "How far is the hospital, do I continue down this road or make a u-turn?".

I readjusted in the seat, I didn't bother with the unfastened seatbelt, "A u-turn".

~
"Excuse me, nurse" I stopped a nurse, who immediately showed her irritation, "my name... My son was admitted here is a school boy about this height, I don't know--".

"Madam," She removed my hand from her elbow, which I grabbed when I stopped her, "I don't have an answer to your question many persons were admitted today, go and meet that nurse there".

My eyes traced where she pointed at, and before I could ask which nurse, because there were so many of them, some were chatting, others were seated or walking about.  She walked away from me.

"Let's try one of them" Asiwaju suggested, and we walked to one of the nurses.

"Excuse me, nurse" Most of the nurses turned, but Asiwaju was looking at one of the nurses, a slim, light skinned nurse. "Um... we got a call, that a schoolboy was admitted here today, he's name is--" He turned in my direction.

"Jason, Jason Williams, I am his mother, his class teacher is here".

She opened a big book on the table, with a biro she traced names that were written in it.
"Jason Williams, follow me".

She ushered us into a room, I sighted Jason immediately on the bed in his school uniform, it was stained with a dark color of blood. I did not know that I screamed, until the nurse hissed a 'madam!' at me. I paid no attention to her words and rushed to Jason. His eyes was closed, though his face was clean without any blood stain, his uniform was soaked and even his white socks had tiny spot of blood on it. One of his feet, was covered with only socks, his school sandals was on the floor.

"What happened to him?"

"I don't have any information on that, I will go and call the doctor".

She exited the room, I noticed that the room was so big that I did not notice the another person at the other side of the room, sleeping on a bed.

Asiwaju was seated on a chair close to Jason's bed, he was staring at me.

I dabbed eyes lightly, "Mr Kehlani".

"Don't stress it, am okay, and am sorry about your son".

"Still, you don't have to stay here, i can call someone from the office, if you can't find your way back to your hotel".

"Where is your phone?" He bore a knowing expression on his face.

"Its... Its" I shifted from side to side, on Jason's bed, that I was sitting on. I could not find it.

"Its in the glove compartment, in my car, you did not even bring your purse, i can find my way back, and I don't have a problem waiting with you".

The door opened, a tall man in white overalls, walked in. A teary eyed Miss ann, followed. 

"What happened?" I stood up.

"Calm down" He motioned for me to go back to my sitting position, which I ignored. He readjusted a pole that a red bag hung on, a tube connected it to Jason's right hand.

"Your son was rushed into the hospital, an hour ago".  He stepped away, choosing to stand close to Asiwaju.

"Why wasn't I informed immediately?" I shouted, my eyes landing on Miss Ann, whose eyes widened as they connected with mine.

I saw that the light purple blouse she was wearing had, the lower half, drenched in blood. She stretched her arms, showing her dead phone to me, her hands weren't clean, it was stained with blood. 

"Her phone is dead, we managed to get it when it got boosted for a short period of time" The doctor commented, "what you should be concerned about is Jason here, he lost alot of blood".

"What? How?" I screamed at his teacher, and approached her. The doctor obstructed me, and gently pushed me backwards. From his shoulders, I saw her shrink and retreat to her seat, she moved it further away from me.

"He got injured in school, and according to her, she didn't find him until after lunch break, he was unconscious. I don't know how he got his injury, maybe a sharp object or anything, but between the time he got injured, and she was able to find and bring him here, he lost a lot of blood, are you following?"

"Yes".

"Good, so we were able to find a blood that matched his in the blood bank, which is what he has almost exhausted" He tapped the red bag on the pole.

I took exhaled deeply and sat down, on Jason's bed.

"The problem we have is, currently we can't find a match for him, in our blood bank, its going to take time before we get his match as we are searching elsewhere, he needs more blood".

"B-But is it not blood in that bag?"

"Yes it is" he nodded in the direction, I was pointing. "We have administered the necessary treatment, and we discovered that he still need blood, this won't be enough".

"So, when do you think, they will find a match for him?".

"If we are lucky, a day or two, in most cases a week and above".

"A week, isn't that too long?".

"You are correct, a day is fair enough, but two days and beyond is not even acceptable, it may be too late".

"Take mine" I thrust my arm.

He gave a small smile, "Things don't work like that, we have to test your blood for compatibility, check for blood diseases, before we can start transfusion".

"Then do it, " I screamed, and he backed away, motioning for me to relax. Why is he stalling?

"Due to the complexity of ABO blood genetics, you as a parent, may not be ABO compatible with your child. Which is why, even if you donate your blood, the blood component collected may not be suitable for transfusion to your child, there are cases of rarity, so nurse Rita will collect your blood for sampling, first.

It did not match.

Sidelines

Hey 👋

You can send here get well soon emoji to Jason here.

He, really needs it!!!!

Don't Forget to vote 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Thank you!!!!