Twenty Six*

Twenty Six*
-
Aspectabund
(adj.) letting or being able to let expressive emotion show easily through one's face and eyes
-

[trigger warning] this chapter might
make you recall past trauma.
please read at your own risk.
extended a/n at the end.

"I had a really good time." Jimin smiled shyly as the two sat in the car.

Jimin's mom was currently walking Taehyung and Jungkook back to Taehyung's house and helping them carry their stuff. Daehyun and Jimin say in the back, hands linked.

"I did too." Daehyun pulled Jimin closer. "We should tell your mom about us."

"A little longer... please." Jimin pleaded softly. "I don't want to ruin what we have."

"Jimin, if this is going to work she needs to know." Daehyun replied. "If she's a good mom like you say, then she'll accept this; you."

"I know."

Daehyun ran a hand through his hair. "I suppose we can wait till I visit again to tell her."

"No you're right," Jimin shook his head. "It should be sooner than later."

"I'll tell her if you want." Daehyun proposed.

"What would you say?"

"Hm— I'll say something like 'Mrs. Park, uh, I've been meaning to tell you something about Jimin. He's one of the greatest people I've ever come to know' —hmm— '...But we can't hide this from you. We're dating. I'm in love with your son and he's in love with me."

Jimin felt his cheeks grow hot. "In love." He whispered.

"That's what it is, right?" Daehyun pulled Jimin over until the younger's head rested against his chest.

"Yeah." Jimin smiled happily.

"Jimin..."

"Hm?"

"Jimin."

"Hm no, be quiet. Let's sit for another minute like this."

"PARK JIMIN WAKE UP!" His mother's voice cut through the soft atmosphere.

Park Jimin jerked awake.

"W-what?" He stammered, sitting up quickly looking around with wild eyes.

His mother stood at the foot of his bed, staring at him, her eyes blazing.

"You're gay." She said accusingly.

Jimin blinked, his vision briefly flickering from getting up too fast. What happened?

"Mom, I—" He looked down and widened his eyes.

Covered by nothing but his sheet, he was completely bare except for the black tie around his neck. His body was marked with... Jimin couldn't even bring himself to think about it.

"What happened?" Was all he could say lamely.

Mrs. Park sat down at the foot of the bed, her head in her hands. "Jimin, why didn't you tell me this?"

He quickly wrapped himself up as best he could with the sheet before pushing himself up from the bed to move closer to his mother. "Mom, I was going to. I promise."

"When?" She whispered.

"I don't know. Soon! Before I went back to school." Jimin looked around, still trying to piece together what had happened.