Chapter 13: Therapy Session

A voice echoed into Chloe's dream multiple times. And then a sudden soft knock brought her out of it. Chloe woke up from her sleep noticed she was still inside the truck.

"Haven't you been taught not to fall asleep with a lit cigarette?" Rachel's voice spoke. Startling Chloe. "Dangerous fire hazard." Rachel added. Chloe looked at the cigarette in her fingers and dropped it on the floor and stomped it out.

"Cool beanie." Rachel said, nodding toward it. Chloe smiled softly at her.

"So..." Rachel spoke, leaning her arm on the mirror. "You inviting me in, or what?" She said. "Nothing better than riding with strange drifters. Hop in." Chloe told her. Rachel chuckled at the comment and said, "Thanks." Throwing a wink at Chloe.

Rachel turned and reached down to grab what looked like a duffel bag. As she walked around to the passenger seat, Rachel ran her fingers across the hood. Just seconds before Rachel opened the door, Chloe realized it was locked and quickly unlocked it and pushed it open.

Rachel put the duffel bag in the trucks bed and sat inside. Closing the door. "I see you've been busy." Rachel said. Laying her leg onto the seat. "Blah, it's nothing. Just some useless junk that was lying around." Chloe told her. Rachel looked at the seat and said, "A rainbow towel?" She then listed, "A cool blue light?" And saw the symbol Chloe drew. "Ho-ly shit... the all-seeing eye." She said. Concluding her listings.

"Better to have the Illuminati on our side when shit goes down." Chloe told her. "Chloe Price. The one who thinks ahead." Rachel said. "This is seriously incredible." She smiled at Chloe. "A perfect get away vehicle." She added. Chloe smiled. "I... guess I never thought of it that way." She said. "Any time we're all, bye-bye Arcadia Bay, this will make the best escape vehicle." Rachel said.

"So tell me. What's going on at home?" Rachel asked. Chloe sighed and leaned into the seat. "Dick-tator David's moving in. His stuff is at our place and is officially moved in." Chloe told her. Rachel looked at her with remorse. "Chloe, that's awful. I'm so sorry." She told her. "You know what we both could use?" Rachel said. "Therapy." She added.

"Therapy?" Chloe unsurely questioned.

Rachel gestured toward Chloe. "You start." She took her leg off the seat and said, "Just kick back and vent to me. What's bothering you?" Chloe was unsure at first, but smiled at the thought. She lied down and put her legs on top of Rachel's. Who then planted her hands softly onto Chloe's legs and smiled at her.

"Well, doc..." Chloe started. "There's some dildo with a pornstache who's been dating my mom and he thinks he's moving in with us." Chloe looked at Rachel. "How do I stop him?" She asked.

Rachel rested her elbow on Chloe's thigh and planted her cheek into her palm. "That's a tough one." She said. "I'm not sure there's anything you can really do." She said. "Then what the hell am I talking to you for?" Chloe said. "Just because you can't stop him doesn't mean you don't fight back. The resistance begins now." Rachel told her. Chloe nodded approvingly. "Alright..." She said.

"Now think of a nickname to mark your enemy. What do you got?" Rachel said.

"Hmmm... how about... stepdouche. He's always inserting himself where he doesn't belong. Also, he's just a big, dickhead douche." Chloe said. Rachel nodded. "Very poetic, Chloe. May I suggest step ladder?" She said. Chloe raised her eyebrow. "Step ladder? Why?" She questioned. "Because he climbs on your mom every night." Rachel said.

"Ew!" Chloe said as she looked directly at Rachel. "And soon enough, they'll be stepping down the aisle." Rachel added. "What the hell kinda therapist are you?" Chloe said. "It's called shock therapy. Extremely controversial." Rachel said.