Writing Prompt #4

Writing Prompt: He pulled against the ropes with all his might, but they wouldn't give. "Don't bother," A voice said. He looked up to discover a thin girl bound with the same rope. Although it was dark, he could see her bruised eyes and bloody wrists. "I already tried."

Summary: While looking around the house during a party, Kyle finds Y/N tied to a chair in her bedroom where her psychotic boyfriend left her.

So I'm trying a new format of writing, leave your comments on what you think about it and some new writing prompts that you've come up with or found. I know that this isn't exactly like the prompt but I felt like this was thinking outside the box.

Her wrists were red and bloody. The rope was plastic and tied tightly around her hands and ankles. Her neck hurt as she looked down, then back up. Her head bobbed, her chin resting against her chest. Y/N was in pain, her tear streaked face and tired eyes made it obvious. Her bruised eye was healing fine, leaving a dark purple spot on her eyelid. The only light in the room came from the moon through the skylight.

Y/N's boyfriend is abusive. He would pull her by her hair, jam her leg into the corner of the tables when he pushed her, force her into sex. He is an asshole, to say the least. She can't find a way to leave him. He gives her money, a home, the companionship she's always been missing. She knew it was wrong and vowed to leave him the next time he put his hands on her, but instead, Y/N would dress her wounds and sleep in the same bed with him again.

This time, he left her tied to the chair in the middle of their bedroom. Her ass was growing numb to the flat surface of the chair. Her wrists were tied behind her and the rope wrapped around the chair then around the bed. It wasn't exactly her idea when her boyfriend told her he wanted to tie her up.

A party raged on downstairs. She could hear the music playing, people laughing and singing along drunkenly. Her back ached from sitting up for however long she had been sitting there. She counted to 10 in her head,

'8, 9, 10.'

Then she began counting again. She could feel the sweat pooling under her legs and on the back of her neck.

Asshole, he must've turned up the heat, she thought.

She rolled her shoulders back, hissing at the sting of the ropes rubbing on her wrists. She sat for another while, her eyelids drooping.

A knock on the door startled her. She squinted her eyes as the door opened. The bright light streaked through, blinding her the more it opened.

"Oh, I didn't know this was occupied," The boy apologized, beginning to close the door.

"No!" she cried, tears leaking as the pain from her wrists shot up her arms.

He flicked on the light and crossed over to Y/N. He tripped over the ropes, rubbing her raw wrists again. She sucked in a pained breath.

"Sorry," He whispered. She nodded, ignoring the single tear sliding down her cheek. Y/N waited patiently for the boy to untie her. She watched his shadow. He carefully slid the knots and untied her body from the chair. He smiled at her as she embraced him. She sniffed and laughed as she wiped her tears away.

"Thank you, I-"

"It's okay, who left you here?" He asked. Y/N tried to stand, but her legs collapsed as the boy caught her.

"Alex," She whispered, looking into his brown eyes. He helped her to the bed, careful of her wrists.

"No, I want to get out of here," Y/N cried, holding on to the boy. Her eyes were wide and full of panic.

He nodded and helped her up again. Her legs wobbled and hurt as the blood rushed through her veins.

"I'm Kyle, by the way," He smiled.

"Y/N," She smiled back. He grabbed her purse as he opened the door. Y/N slowly got used to walking, holding onto the railing tightly as she stumbled down the stairs. Kyle held onto her shoulder as she led him through. Alex stopped them before they could reach the door.

They could smell the alcohol on his breath as he slurred, "What the hell are you doing?"

Y/N's heart began racing as she fought the urge to crumple into herself and hide from him, "I'm leaving. I can't stand it here with you."

Alex looked taken aback, the anger flickering in his eyes as everyone began to stare at them. He burped and grabbed her wrist. She flinched but refused to let him see the extent of her pain, her weakness. Kyle began to intervene, but Y/N stopped him as her hand hit his chest softly.

"Alex, let me go," She demanded.

"Get your ass upstairs right now."

Everyone had stopped to stare, their conversations dying out.

"Y/N, you are not leaving this house."

"Or what? Are you going to tie me down again?"

A few girls gasped. They wouldn't believe that Alex is abusive, he didn't look the part. He was a god in high school, no one would believe that he left marks of hate on his girlfriend.

Y/N pulled herself from his grasp and pulled her shirt down over the waistband of her shorts, "Look at me. Right in the eyes Alex,"

His eyes flicked to her own.

"I am dumping you. You are a piece of shit."

His face contorted in anger, his fist connecting with her cheek. She crumpled to the ground holding her face. Tears sprang to her eyes, overflowing.

"Y/N!" A girl shrieked.

Y/N stood up. Kyle had a hand on her back as she wobbled. She tried to focus on Alex's face as spots danced in her vision. He stared at her, placing a hand on her waist and pulling her close. Y/N played along, smiling and brushing her lips against his own.

"You better watch your back," she whispered and straightened up, "Everyone, go back to enjoy your party."

She walked out through the back door to the garage. She picked up the tank of gasoline that was kept under the shelf, thinking of what to do with it. Images of Alex burning flashed through her mind.

"Not him," Kyle reasoned, trying to take the gasoline from her hand.

"No," She smiled, her plan perfecting in her mind, "That."

Kyle knew there was no stopping her as she sprinkled the combustible liquid over his most prized possession. The chemical cocktail began sliding through the cracks in the leather seats, soaking into the fabric of the seatbelts. She covered her nose with her shirt when the smell became too much. She grabbed a lighter, setting a wad of newspapers on fire. It quickly reached the car, the surrounding wood catching fire as well.

"Y/N!" Kyle shouted as he dragged her out of the garage.

A crowd gathered around the garage. The orange-yellow flames illuminating their faces. Y/N smiled, blending into the crowd as Alex began shouting into his phone.

That night a new bruise covered her left cheek as she stared at herself in the hotel mirror. She didn't dare cry over him again, she is free. She didn't have to put up with his abuse any longer. Kyle brought her to the hotel, offering to stay. She agreed as he began setting up the other bed.