You're Popular-Tate

I wrote this pretty quickly and I thought it would be nice to have a crap ton of updates.

Okay let's get this straight, you were popular. No, you were not the bitchy, to-good-for-you, bow-down-to-me, kind of popular. At least you didn't think you were. Your family had a lot of money, and that's why people always wanted to be "friends" with you. They didn't care about you, they just wanted to pretend to be friends with you so they could come over to your house and enjoy your huge pool. Or they'd act like they liked you so you took them on extravagant vacations. You used to get upset about it, but now you were just used to it. You never expected friends or even guys to be around for long. They just used you, then they left.

There was a new boy in school, you'd seen him around in the hallways and he was in your 6th period math class. One day after math you were at your locker, putting your books in and getting ready to leave for the day. Out of the corner of your eye you could see someone walking over to you. When he stopped at your locker you looked up at him, it was the new boy named Tate. You heard about the genius.

"Hey," he mumbled.

"Hi," you replied and gave him a smile as you turned your head back down to look for a book in your backpack.

"Um, I know we haven't talked much but I thought maybe we could, uh, hang out sometime?" He was obviously nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You looked up at him in the eyes. You sighed and looked off to the side. "Yeah sure. You can come to my party on Friday. Bring whoever you want, I probably won't even be there anyways." You slammed your locker and walked it away. Now somebody who you didn't even know was trying to use you.

Tate ran to catch up with you and stood in front of you. He backed you up into the wall and trapped you with both of his hands next to your head.

"Excuse you," you snapped through gritted teeth. He apologized and took his hands down.

"Look, I don't want to come to your party. I didn't even know you were having a party, honestly. I just wanted to know if you wanted to go on a d-" he took a deep breath "A date with me?"

You looked at his eyes. Searching for if he was being serious or not.

"Sure, sure I'll go on a date with you."