Safe and Secure

The sound of footsteps and hushed voices woke me up enough to remember how horrible last night had been. 

My face, My dream, My sleeping arrangement.

Of coarse, last night, George followed zero of my rules.

But then again, when did he ever follow rules?

Not only was he getting his slimy spittle all over my pony tail; He flipped onto his stomach and about knocked me out with his left forearm.

and continued to move it above his head then swing it back down onto the top of mine.

Three times!

and I wasn't about to make it a fourth. Grabbing it, I held it down to my body with both my arms.  

And it worked. 

Counting up all the time I spent last night waking up, screaming, talking, rule making, and defending myself. You could tick off the amount of time I slept using only 4 fingers.

Fluttering my eyes open for the first time this morning, I was face to face with a dark wooded wall.

I could hear the sound of light snorting behind me and noticed, it was quite loud.

George's left arm had a vice grip on my waist, pressing me up right against him.  

Gee, what happened to "No, taking your half out of the middle"

I can't wait to wake him up and take the mickey out of him for this.

"Georgie" I whispered, reaching behind me to ruffle his hair. "it's time to get up you fugging rule breaker"

"Georgie Peorgie Pudding Pie?" 

He groaned .

"I bloody hate that nickname" He chuckled, lifting his left arm up to rub his eyes. 

Giving me freedom to flip over so we were face to face.

"Good morning Mr. Fountain" I smirked up at him as he rubbed the last of sleep away from his eyes. 

"I was drooling again wasn't I?" He winced, wrapping his arm back around my waist.

My stomach flooded with nerves, why is he doing this?

I nodded my head, unable to think of a sentence that wasn't, "We are just friends!"

George gave me a concerned look.

"Didn't get enough sleep did you?" George asked, letting his left hand move up to stroke my cheek. 

"No, how could I" I said, letting out a sad chuckle. 

Brushing stray frizzy hairs away from my face, George continued to keep his hand on the side of my cheek. This thumb brushing up and down my skin. 

" for hours last night Id think you were sound asleep then you'd just start to toss and turn. Whimpering like you were in pain" 

my eyebrows scrunched down as I wracked my brain trying to remember my dreams last night. 

"I don't remember having any sort of dreams last night" I mumbled, still nothing coming to my mind.

Glancing up into his eyes, I could see, they were filled with worry. 

I smirked.

"George Weasley, worried about little ole' me? Well my, my, my look at how sensitive you are" 

and with that statement, all the butterflys and nerves lifted from my stomach.

He glared down at me.