❀•Five•❀

A/N:~ Suprise! Jaemin chapter!!!~♡
Because it's a flashback, Renjun has his we young era hair because I just love it so much!

~{one year before}~

Jaemin takes a seat in the art classroom already regretting his decision for taking the subject.
He liked art, and he wasn't too bad at it when he really concentrated.

His best friend sat next to him. Jaemin wasn't very confident in his art work, and he was even less confident when he was next to Jeno. Jeno was amazing at drawing, painting, sculpting anything really. When they were kids Jaemin would always be begging Jeno to draw him dragons and pirate ships.
Jaemin looked up to his friend a lot, he was the reason why Jaemin took up art as a hobby.

The two boys chat for a while, try and calm their nerves that were caused by the first lesson. Just by looking at the people walking into the room Jaemin knew he was going to be the worst one in here.

Suddenly a boy with sand coloured hair steps through the doorway keeping his head down. He heads straight for the back of the classroom and takes a seat.

Jaemin watches in awe and pity. Did he not have any friends in this class? Should he invite him to sit with him and Jeno?

Before he had time to act on his thoughts a man in his late 60's walks into the room. He had long curly grey hair that hung over his eyes and two paint brushes tucked behind his ear. His clothing was covered in paint splatters, from the green flannel shirt to the blue jeans that where shredded in various places.

He clears his throat before speaking up. "Hello class, welcome to the start of your first year. My name is Mr Brett and I will be your art teacher for the full three years" the man says as he starts to pace the front of the room slightly.

"Since today is our first lesson, I want to take this time to get to see your skills, so we will start with simple pencil drawings" he raises his hands to point at the centre of Jaemin's desk.

"On each desk there is a box full of pencils, charcoal, brushes and fineliners, they are yours to use but please do respect that I have other classes as well as yours, so please no stealing".

Everyone reaches out and takes out a newly sharpened pencil.
Mr.Brett hands out sheets of of A3 sketching paper to each student. "I want you all to create a contour drawing of your hand. For those who do not know what a contour drawing is, it is only drawing the contour of an object. No shading".
He makes his way back to the front of the room before looking over the class.
"You may begin".

Jaemin lifts up his left hand and moves it into different positions until he found one that he liked.
He picks up the pencil and starts to draw, not taking his eyes off of his hand.

Mr.Brett began to wander around the classroom nodding at a few people's work or giving them some 'constructive criticism' although to Jaemin it just sounded like he was being rather mean.
He could already tell that he wasn't going to get along well with his new teacher.

The minutes ticked away, and Jaemin kept tracing the contours of his hand.
Mr.Brett soon makes his way over to the two boys.

First he looked over Jeno's shoulder and nodded in agreement, pulling a face as if to say 'not bad'.

Jaemin was half distracted when the boy with the sand coloured hair from before got up to sharpen his pencil. He walked towards the bin at the front of the room and Jaemin couldn't tear his gaze away.

"What is this?" A voice snaps him from his trance and Jaemin glances up at his frustrated looking teacher.

"U-um, it's a contour drawing of my hand, what else would it be?" The light haired boy shoots back before going back to his drawing.