❀•Thirty-Nine•❀

Jaemin was extremely happy for Renjun and Jeno. He had noticed how much brighter their smiles were when they're together, or the lingering gazes of admiration they share.

Of course Jaemin was still a little disappointed, there was still a part of his heart that cared for Renjun, but there was a bigger part that cared for Jeno and all he wanted was happiness for them.

He was snapped from his thoughts when he almost walked right past his house. Quickly he tugs the gate open and wanders up the small path before entering. Like usual the house was silent, his mother must have gone to work already. He lets out a small sigh as he kicks off his shoes and drops his bag before wandering into the kitchen.

Like most days there was a note stuck to the fridge. Usually they would say things like 'Jeno's parents said they would make you dinner tonight' or 'I left some money on the counter so order what you like'.

Carefully lifting the magnet he scans over the letter...

I left some money on the counter, you can order food or by something a little more healthy from the store. I'm sorry I couldn't make you anything honey.
  I love you xx

Jaemin didn't want to eat alone.

He sighs before glancing over at the kitchen counter and seeing some money.
Putting the letter down he takes out his phone and goes straight to Jeno's contact before stopping himself. What if Jeno was with Renjun? He didn't want to be a third wheel.

He considered calling Mark or Haechan but asking to hang out with either of them would result in the other tagging along, once again making him a third wheeler.

Raking his brain for someone to hang out with he feels a lightbulb go off. Of course he had two new friends now. Even though he knew Chenle didn't really like him, maybe he could change that.

He clicks onto Jisung's contact and sends him a quick message for them to meet him at the store.

Grabbing the money, he quickly pulls his shoes on and leaves the house.
•••••

"Jisung are you crazy?" A voice hisses, Jaemin didn't know if he was supposed to hear it but he did.

"Hey Jaemin" Jisung smiles once the two blonde boys turn the corner. Chenle didn't look as pleased but forced a smile anyway.

"Before you say anything else, do either of you know how to cook?" Jaemin asks as he steps in front of the younger boys. They look at each other before shaking their heads.
"Okay come on".
Jaemin grabs both of them by the hand and drags them into the store.
•••••

"So you asked us to 'hang out' when really you just wanted help making food?" Jisung asks with a raised brow once they were back at Jaemin's house.

The oldest just gives him a guilty smile only to earn an eye roll in return.
"Whatever, can I use your bathroom first?" He asks and Jaemin gives the youngest directions to the bathroom before beginning  to take out the ingredients.

"So, were we your last option since Jeno and Renjun are joint at the hip now?" Chenle asks as he leans on the counter beside Jaemin.

He sighs slightly before nodding "that and I guess I should spend more time with you. If your going to be sitting with us at lunch maybe I should try and make you like me a little" Jaemin explains with a raised brow only for the younger boy to look down in guilt.

"I'm sorry, you were obsessed with Renjun what else was I supposed to think" Chenle whines but Jaemin just laughs.

"Don't worry, I guess I'm just not as good at hiding my crush as you are".

The words make Chenle freeze slightly as he watches Jaemin start to boil some water on the stove.

"W-what do you mean?" He stutters, cursing himself for pretty much giving it away.

"You know exactly what I mean, I've see the way you look at Jisung" Jaemin laughs as he looks at how embarrassed the blond looked "I'll give you some advice though, claim your man before someone else does" he gives him a sad smile before turning back to the cooking.

"But-" before Chenle could answer the younger boy came wandering back into the room and he quickly shut his mouth.

The three of them helped cook. After nearly setting the whole house on fire twice, the food was finally done and they all sit around the small wooden table.

"Thank you for agreeing to help me, I don't like eating alone" Jaemin smiles at the two younger boys before they all start eating. The food wasn't actually that bad and was definitely better than any takeout Jaemin would have gotten.